Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The stuff I use is mostly Jack Black products. Jack Black shampoo, conditioner, face buff, moisterizer and lotion.

I use Molton Brown London Re-Charge Black Pepper (recently changed to Black Peppercorn) body wash and Green Irish Tweed cologne by Creed.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I use Aveda for hair care. This is Aveda Pure-Formance Grooming Cream and Witch Hazel light hold hair spray.

Shaving--I rotate between Proraso and Pro Shave Brushless Shaving Cream. I love the Proraso but only get it when I go to Italy so my mainstay is the Pro Shave. It's $5 from my barber and a great shaving cream, I highly recommend it.

I use H2O products as well. They have a great mud mask for the face and their foot cleaners/lotions are excellent.

Yeah, I'm kinda metro.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just a side note to anyone who uses Molton Brown, be weary of their new formulas they've used for their body washes. They changed the re-charge black pepper to black peppercorn and it is of significantly lesser quality. You can read reviews from other people online as well but there's a major consensus that the new formulas are bad. Just a word of caution for any readers out there.

·
(aka TKI67)
3,185 Posts
When you guys use hair spray from less stiff to full on stiff as a brick, which number hold should you use from 1 to a 5?
I do not use the stuff, but ages ago I had a brief period of trying out Brylcreem and Vitalis. I decided I did not like the way either felt. I found that the Vitalis dried rather crisp. The Brylcreem just slathered the hair down flat. I cannot see how someone could use a spray and not end up towards the stiffer end of your 1-5 spectrum unless their hair were long enough that it could break through the hold on a breezy day. I find that simply using conditioner after shampooing, towel drying, and combing and brushing the hair while it is damp holds pretty well indoors.

·
Registered
Tie
19,629 Posts
I do not use the stuff, but ages ago I had a brief period of trying out Brylcreem and Vitalis. I decided I did not like the way either felt. I found that the Vitalis dried rather crisp. The Brylcreem just slathered the hair down flat. I cannot see how someone could use a spray and not end up towards the stiffer end of your 1-5 spectrum unless their hair were long enough that it could break through the hold on a breezy day. I find that simply using conditioner after shampooing, towel drying, and combing and brushing the hair while it is damp holds pretty well indoors.
What I do Vecchio is after I shower I towel dry my hair, put on a bit of mousse and a bit of hair spray but I think the one I use is Tresseme and it's a 5 which is the super stiff one so it feels like a brick afterwards, comb and style it. Maybe I should try conditioner again, I've been just shampooing it.

·
Registered
Tie
19,629 Posts
I think I must be using way too much hair spray sometimes, Every time I try to comb my hair I'm pulling my hair with the comb so much it hurts. :(

·
(aka TKI67)
3,185 Posts
I think I must be using way too much hair spray sometimes, Every time I try to comb my hair I'm pulling my hair with the comb so much it hurts. :(
Give my method a try. Wash, condition, towel dry, and comb and brush wet. Worst case you can add spray, and you will have a bottle of conditioner, which you ought to use anyway. I like Suave Natural Mint and Rosemary. It is nice stuff, doesn't smell like a beauty product (flowery, sweet), and is affordable.

·
Registered
Tie
19,629 Posts
Give my method a try. Wash, condition, towel dry, and comb and brush wet. Worst case you can add spray, and you will have a bottle of conditioner, which you ought to use anyway. I like Suave Natural Mint and Rosemary. It is nice stuff, doesn't smell like a beauty product (flowery, sweet), and is affordable.

Thanks I will try.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts