Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There's a possibility (knock on wood) I'll be moving to the southern Atlantic coast for school soon. While I'm excited about a number of things (being lose to Charleston is one), I'm bummed to be leaving behind my tweeds, tartans and heavy sweaters.
So what exactly do you southern trads wear in the winter?

·
Registered
280 Posts
There's a possibility (knock on wood) I'll be moving to the southern Atlantic coast for school soon. While I'm excited about a number of things (being lose to Charleston is one), I'm bummed to be leaving behind my tweeds, tartans and heavy sweaters.
So what exactly do you southern trads wear in the winter?
And if you'll be living in Charleston you will get about two weeks to wear your winter clothes. But I'll echo the other members that replied, your fall clothes will come in handy.
Are you going to MUSC?

·
Registered
943 Posts
...bummed to be leaving behind my tweeds, tartans and heavy sweaters.
You can still use that stuff. Just knock a month or two off of both ends of the season. Winter clothes are in from Thanksgiving - Early March, I seem to recall, but I haven't lived on the coast for a couple of decades. They do get these weird warm spells when it gets up in the 70s, and then the next week the high is back down in the 30s.

You sure won't need snow tires, though. (If it does happen to snow a little, stay the Hell at home. Baghdad doesn't get that dangerous.)

Scott

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.