Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just won these on Ebay:

At $102.50, it's a tolerable price for a new pair of AEs. I often compete with motivated buyers (and lose) for AE and BB stuff. I digress.

What exactly are these? A google search for AE concord says that the concord model (now discontinued) is a monk strap. These are obviously not that. Are these some other shoe, with a concord insert?

Anyways, I just won them, so I'll see how they look when they arrive.

I did ok, right?

·
Registered
970 Posts
AE recycles model names sometimes apparently. I doubt these are "fakes" or anything like that. Looks like old stock from a store that was maybe tried on once or twice but still new. If they fit, you got a great deal. Just make sure you condition the uppers thoroughly with shoe conditioner before wearing. Shoes that have been sitting around awhile tend to be dried out and can be prone to excessive creasing or even cracking if they aren't conditioned.

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
I would call AE and ask.

That may be a pair of some "name-recycled" Concords.

It AE confirms that, those would be some old (but new!) shoes, and I would give them some proper and intensive care pronto.

That is not new Concord's number on the inside, so I would assume the shoe has nothing to do with the more recent monk strap.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.