Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
I would suggest a Christmas-specific tie, or anything. Unless you specifically want the red/green colors they won't matter as much as the pattern. The tie/PS are the only silk/bright-colors men get. So again, unless red/green is what you want, don't worry about the colors. The PS should either come specifically out of the tie (though some would disagree), or compliment it (opposite colors).

**EDIT (The pic was posted between my post)**
The PS works because it is light-on-dark. The tie, however, is light-on-light. Kind of defeats the "dressy" purpose of the tie altogether. With that PS I would suggest muted green.

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
what do you think of this tie w white shirt and gray suit

NO. Never. As mentioned. If you want it to be a theme, get a christmasy tie. No santas, or raindeer or anything like that, but a nice patterned foulard in a nice deep Burgundy, get a PS in standard white linen for evening. Remember that gray goes with blue and Blue goes with gray so a blue Pin dot or polka dot would be nice as well. Aubergine tie with a small pattern is nice with gray as well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.