Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am working this summer at a law firm in NY where dress is business casual. I am trying to build up my business casual wardrobe and am almost beginning from scratch. I currently have two pairs of charcoal slacks and a pair of chinos. I have AE Park Avenues to wear with suits and can wear them with charcoal slacks as well. I plan to purchase another pair of chinos and two or three additional wool trousers before I begin work. I recently purchased the AE Delray in Chili. I really like the style and the color, but I am wondering what color wool slacks I can wear them with? Because I am just a summer associate, I would prefer not to stand out too much. Thanks for any advice.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I like the AE chilli color with lighter grey and navy blue trousers; just make sure you get a belt that matches :icon_smile_big:

Of course, there are multitude of other options with regards to lighter colored/patterned trousers. You're already getting style points for the chilli color now is not the time to be overly conservative.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I have AE Delray in Chili - love them! I have five pairs of wool slacks for work - brown, tan, olive (green), charcoal & midnight navy. I wear me chili delrays in brown, tan & olive slacks. I feel my chili shoes are too light for my charcoal or midnight navy slacks.

·
Registered
439 Posts
I like the AE chilli color with lighter grey and navy blue trousers; just make sure you get a belt that matches :icon_smile_big:
Speaking of which, I received today in the mail two AE belts I'd recently ordered from Sierra Trading Post, one in chili and one in dark brown. $50/each. They are a little casual (the Wendell model) but they are fine for casual wear I think.

I agree with both light gray and navy to match with the chili Delrays, as they seem to 'set off' the nice color of the shoes. Any tan/brown-based trousers would be fine too imho.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.