Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I found this picture online when looking for some shell cordovans in color other than burgundy #8 ... these shoes are made by Church's I think.

Can someone tell me what color these shells are? The very rare Mahogany, maybe? Doesn't look like they changed color from say #8 due to aging, seems as if this is the true color. I'd LOVE to buy a pair of shell bluchers in this color ... too abd alden doesn't make them anymore.

Does Ravello age to such colors? Can somewith ravello shells post pics of shoes that have been worn for a while, please, for comparison?

· Registered
780 Posts
To me it does look like the mahogany color, when no. 8 ages, it doesn't fade so evenly. There are a pair of florsheim imperial ptb's on ebay right now in a very similar color to these.

· Registered
998 Posts
I found this picture online when looking for some shell cordovans in color other than burgundy #8 ... these shoes are made by Church's I think.

Can someone tell me what color these shells are? The very rare Mahogany, maybe? Doesn't look like they changed color from say #8 due to aging, seems as if this is the true color. I'd LOVE to buy a pair of shell bluchers in this color ... too abd alden doesn't make them anymore.

Does Ravello age to such colors? Can somewith ravello shells post pics of shoes that have been worn for a while, please, for comparison?

They're burgundy.
Check out the daily footwear thread. A bunch of us posted ravello shell and also a pair of my mahogany shell long wings are shown.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.