Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took some pictures of a khaki suit at Saks Off Fifth for $400. It retails at $2000 and says Ermeneglido Zegna Made in Switzerland. It's a 3 button 41 Jacket 34 Waist with double pleats. Can anyone tell me about the material from the tag? Or what it's going value would be on ebay or something similar? I'd appreciate any information or input on the suit. Can email pictures.

Here is what it says

CLIENTE-CTX.562000
ORDINE-46797
RIGA-36
NAZ-USA
TPG-S
CLIENTE EST-122562000
ORDINE EST-00011826
ELABORATO-6.286.209247
CAPIRIGA-15
ET MARCLI-Z8
MARCA-Z
ABS-CV
VFP-1
BOTTONE-IZZ
OMETTO-SGN03
YESSUTO,FABRIC,TEJIDO,TECIDO,TISSU,OBERSTOFF-TPESRG+100% Wool
MODELLO 2142S5
DROP-7
STAT-R
TG-54
something I can't read-379871/2
1'MAG-IT

·
Registered
282 Posts
From what I understand, the Zegna suit is at least one label change old (roughly 5 years). Zegna was made in Switzerland and Italy and some of the members here have commented that the Made in Italy range was slightly better. I have many suits and coats from both Italy and Switzerland and I can't really see much difference. However, I just tend to wear them now and not analyse them for quality details.

For $400, I would be tempted to wait (as the colour isn't really a staple colour) and see what I could pick up elsewhere (the bay and Style Forum mainly). You may pay slightly more for an up to date model.

Others may want to contest or add to what I've said.

Cheers

Clint

one more bump, and I will lay this thread to rest

·
Registered
2,865 Posts
I was referring to the quality of wool, maybe based on the tag. I don't understand anything on that tag but 100% wool and drop 7
Usually there's a tag on the lining that tells you what kind of wool.

I know there's one called Trofeo, but the only specialty wool I have is 15 milmil 15, which is a superfine. There's also a 14 milmil 14 which is even finer.

(Finer in the sense that the fibers are thinner; there's definitely an open conversation about whether thinner fibers make a more luxurious cloth or just a less durable one.)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I sent the pictures to my tailor in Jackonsville who makes Zegna suits, and he thinks "The fabric it looks like tropical weight into high performance 120's." He's a pretty highly rated local tailor, Daniel Motorca at the Tailor Shop.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.