Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Just picked up a pair of flannel-lined chinos from L.L. Bean's clearance sale. These will be my favorites until the snow melts: nice all-cotton cloth, good fit, on-seam front pockets, double button-through hip pockets. No crease required or even desired. They are plain bottom, which for me is just right for the relaxed treatment.
I am noticing the Bean has got caught up in the stretch-blend thing in most of their current pants (not this one). What's up with that?

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If their natural cotton, you decide whether to have creases upon every new wash. "Non-iron" chinos can have a permanent press crease that you cannot remove. Just some food for thought.
I seriously never even considered that. Thank you for bringing that up. All of the pants I purchased that had a crease already, they are permanent crease. However the other day after the initial wash of my brand new J Crew Ludlow cotton twill chinos, the crease washed right out (and some bad fading occurred as well).

·
Registered
13,646 Posts
Yes your trouser legs should be creased, even if you are not wearing a jacket. Hell, the wife even irons creases in my jeans after each laundering! LOL. ;)
My friend, we need to talk about this:

... Hell, the wife even irons creases in my jeans after each laundering! LOL. ;)
IMHO, that is not only not a good look, but kinda puts you in a bit of an "out of touch" category. Somewhat like asking for a knife and fork at a Maryland crab fest. You are too talented a dresser and too nice a guy for creases in your jeans.

·
Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
37,088 Posts
My friend, we need to talk about this:

IMHO, that is not only not a good look, but kinda puts you in a bit of an "out of touch" category. Somewhat like asking for a knife and fork at a Maryland crab fest. You are too talented a dresser and too nice a guy for creases in your jeans.
Truth be known, I never asked the little lady to crease the jeans and in fact have asked her not to do so. LOL, my requests in such regarded (at best) half the time. I figure that's about as good as one can hope to achieve! LOL. ;)

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yes your trouser legs should be creased, even if you are not wearing a jacket. Hell, the wife even irons creases in my jeans after each laundering! LOL. ;)
I was waiting for your thoughts Chuck, you're the guy that makes the best suggestions on my posts. I'm almost 34 but people say I dress a lot older, which is good considering I get confused for a man in his early 20's. Doing a simple Google search I see a lot of pictures of men with pants that don't have creases, now whether that is a trendy thing for younger guys or just a regional thing who knows. All of my pants have permanent creases, hence why I trie to find some dressy ones that don't have the factory ones that won't wash out.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Maybe I should have used a caveat....no brand of "must-iron" chinos has creases unless you intentionally iron them in. I didn't think I needed to explicitly exclude non-irons from the conversation....thought that would be a given.
My mistake. I had just gotten off a 12 hour shift and my reading comprehension was lacking.

·
Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
37,088 Posts
I was waiting for your thoughts Chuck, you're the guy that makes the best suggestions on my posts. I'm almost 34 but people say I dress a lot older, which is good considering I get confused for a man in his early 20's. Doing a simple Google search I see a lot of pictures of men with pants that don't have creases, now whether that is a trendy thing for younger guys or just a regional thing who knows. All of my pants have permanent creases, hence why I trie to find some dressy ones that don't have the factory ones that won't wash out.
Why thank you, sir, for the kind words.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.