Men's Clothing Forums banner
3581 - 3600 of 3671 Posts

·
Registered
6,987 Posts
The weather in NYC is periodically snowy, though too warm for it to accumulate, fortunately, as I am required this evening to make an appearance at a work function with my husband, and therefore desirous of making a reasonable impression. A suit would be too much for the tone of the gathering (a farewell party for a colleague), hence the sports jacket ensemble shown below, complete with boots with a rubberized sole (no indication of whether it be Dainite, Vibram or other material, but definitely non-porous). As it is, I am having a bit of trouble with my right ankle, such that the support of a lace-up boot is a welcome thing.

I've included a photo of today's socks, as they are quite extravagantly patterned, a recent purchase from New & Lingwood's warehouse sale here in NYC. Certainly not everyone's cup of tea, but they amuse me.

Sports jacket - Paul Stuart/Phineas Cole
Shirt & socks - New & Lingwood
Tie - Chipp
Trousers & overcoat - Brooks Brothers
Cufflinks - Deakin & Francis, via Scully & Scully, NYC
Pocket square - Robert Talbott
Boots - Cobbler Union
Scarf - Thomas Farthing, London
Cap - Stetson, via JJ Hat Center, NYC

Outerwear Dress shirt Textile Tie Sleeve
Sleeve Sock Creative arts Knee Wrist
Brown Shoe Jeans Durango boot Human leg
Glasses Chin Smile Photograph White
Suit trousers Dress shirt Smile Sleeve Tie
Suit trousers Dress shirt Tie Hat Blazer
Suit trousers Face Dress shirt Sleeve Standing

·
Registered
6,987 Posts
The weather in NYC is sunny and relatively mild - a perfect day to get suited up. As it is, I am still hobbling a bit, due to a sore right ankle, hence the wearing of boots (the support does help), though, otherwise, today's sartorial choices have been made with the usual mixture of whimsy and capriciousness.

Suit - Paul Stuart/Phineas Cole
Shirt - Brooks Brothers MTM
Tie - Charvet
Cufflinks - Deakin & Francis
Braces - Paul Stuart
Boots - Magnanni for Saks Fifth Avenue
Overcoat - Brooks Brothers
Scarf - Harvie & Hudson, London
Cap - Amicale

Product Dress shirt Rectangle Textile Sleeve
Shoe Comfort Knee Synthetic rubber Personal protective equipment
Glasses Photograph Smile Picture frame Tie
Suit trousers Dress shirt Sleeve Standing Tie
Photograph Dress shirt Hat Fashion Textile
Face Leg Dress shirt Smile Sleeve

·
Registered
6,987 Posts
The weather in NYC, after yesterday's torrential rain, followed by a dusting of snow, is sunny, but quite cold today. My husband and I had an early brunch date with friends from out of town, gentlemen who might appreciate the effort one puts into dressing well, so I made at least a passing attempt at looking put together.

Sports jacket - Gieves & Hawkes
Shirt - Brooks Brothers
Tie - Hilditch & Key
Cufflinks - Benson & Clegg
Pocket square - Harvie & Hudson
Trousers, boots & cap - Paul Stuart
Overcoat - Joseph Abboud
Scarf - Barney's, NYC

Outerwear Dress shirt Tie Textile Sleeve
Brown Shoe Human body Wood Durango boot
Glasses Chin Bow tie Smile Dress shirt
Suit trousers Smile Dress shirt Black Fashion
Clothing Glasses Outerwear Photograph Fashion
Suit trousers Dress shirt Fashion Smile Sleeve

·
Registered
6,987 Posts
The weather today in NYC is sunny and mild - a foretaste of spring in the last week of calendrical winter - and I have a lecture to attend early this evening at the Frick Madison, a perfect conjunction of weather and occasion for which to dress up a bit. Today's suit was something of a "love at first sight" acquisition - I fell for it immediately upon trying on the jacket, and its rust windowpane sent me on another shopping journey to acquire ties to coordinate.

The mildness of the weather encourages me to skip an overcoat for this evening, and I am indulging in a bit of experimentation, wearing the scarf inside my jacket as shown.

Shirt - Brooks Brothers
Tie - Charvet
Cufflinks - Benson & Clegg, London
Braces - Paul Stuart
Pocket square - Ashear
Boots - Grenson Masterpiece private label for Paul Stuart
Hat - Laird, London
Scarf - Ede & Ravenscroft

Outerwear Dress shirt Coat Tie Sleeve
Shoe Oxford shoe Dress shoe Knee-high boot Durango boot
Smile Photograph White Picture frame Dress shirt
Suit trousers Smile Dress shirt Fashion Sleeve
Suit trousers Outerwear Hat Smile Sun hat
Suit trousers Glasses Dress shirt Sleeve Smile

·
Registered
6,987 Posts
The weather in NYC for St. Patrick's Day is apropos of the Emerald Isle - cool and rainy - and, with that, I am dressed casually today, though I am attending the Met Opera this evening (yes, I'm going to be one of "those people" - forgive me). That being said, and I being myself, I've opted for a bit more ornamentation than your average slob - let's hope that I did it with some style, at least. I have included some green items, in light of the day, and it's the debut for today's tie - a rough enough fabric to work with leather and denim, I believe.

Leather jacket - Andrew Marc
Shirt - Brooks Brothers
Tie - Damiano Presta, Rome
Cufflinks - The London Badge & Button Co.
Scarf - Ralph Lauren Purple Label
Levi's
Boots - Magnanni
Outerwear Dress shirt Product Dress Textile
Brown Jeans Human body Comfort Wood
Clothing Hair Glasses Mirror White
Outerwear Hat Dress shirt Standing Tie

·
Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
36,777 Posts
The weather in NYC for St. Patrick's Day is apropos of the Emerald Isle - cool and rainy - and, with that, I am dressed casually today, though I am attending the Met Opera this evening (yes, I'm going to be one of "those people" - forgive me). That being said, and I being myself, I've opted for a bit more ornamentation than your average slob - let's hope that I did it with some style, at least. I have included some green items, in light of the day, and it's the debut for today's tie - a rough enough fabric to work with leather and denim, I believe.

Leather jacket - Andrew Marc
Shirt - Brooks Brothers
Tie - Damiano Presta, Rome
Cufflinks - The London Badge & Button Co.
Scarf - Ralph Lauren Purple Label
Levi's
Boots - Magnanni
View attachment 84845 View attachment 84846 ;) View attachment 84847 View attachment 84848
My friend, you wear the leather jacket, jeans and Chelsea boots very well...a great casual rig!

·
Registered
6,987 Posts
Thank you, Eagle, for the kind words!

The weather in NYC is remarkably spring-like today, after yesterday's damp cloudiness, inspiring me to don a lighter weight suit, and some colorful accessories, even though spring is not officially here until Sunday.

There is a definite age mix in my ensemble for today - today's suit and shoes are relatively new, but today's shirt is probably close to 20 years old, and today's tie is most likely some 35+ years of age. The advantage of age . . .

Shirt - Tyrwhitt
Tie - Hilditch & Key
Cufflinks - Penhaligon's (most likely Deakin & Francis)
Braces - Brooks Brothers
Pocket square - Alain Figaret
Shoes - Paul Stuart house brand

Outerwear Tie Dress shirt Textile Sleeve
Brown Jeans Trousers Shoe Oxford shoe
Glasses Photograph Smile Human Tie
Suit trousers Glasses Smile Dress shirt Tie
Suit trousers Dress shirt Tie Sleeve Collar

·
Registered
6 Posts
The weather in NYC, after yesterday's torrential rain, followed by a dusting of snow, is sunny, but quite cold today. My husband and I had an early brunch date with friends from out of town, gentlemen who might appreciate the effort one puts into dressing well, so I made at least a passing attempt at looking put together.

Shirt - Brooks Brothers
Tie - Hilditch & Key
Overcoat - Joseph Abboud
Scarf - Barney's, NYC

View attachment 84632 View attachment 84633 View attachment 84634 View attachment 84635 View attachment 84636 View attachment 84637
Excellent ensemble and smart choice of bow tie, which stands out and draws the eye. I love bow ties but they are not seen in California men's stores very much anymore. I now buy handmade bow ties of imported silk from VelvetyBowtique on Etsy. Thank you for your fine photos. --Peter R. Reynolds

·
Registered
6 Posts

Shirt - Brooks Brothers
Tie - Hilditch & Key
Overcoat - Joseph Abboud
Scarf - Barney's, NYC

View attachment 84632 View attachment 84633 View attachment 84634 View attachment 84635 View attachment 84636 View attachment 84637

·
Registered
6 Posts

Shirt - Brooks Brothers
Tie - Hilditch & Key
Overcoat - Joseph Abboud
Scarf - Barney's, NYC

Superb bow tie, draws the eye masterfully (I mistakenly posted a longer comment to your photo in a different "thread," so to speak. Sorry about that!). Best regards, Peter R R

·
Registered
6,987 Posts
The weather in NYC is sunny and mild, though I am most likely not going to experience it firsthand today, as my right ankle is still painful for certain activities (walking up and down stairs being the worst). Taking it easy then, and attempting to amuse myself as best I can, I decided to dress for the weather, and as a balm to my mood - a dose of Ben-Gay for my soul, if you will, as long as we're on the subject of joint pain.

Today's suit was in rotation to be worn, and its bright color inspired the rest of the ensemble - including the rather funky socks. Let it never be said that I'm losing my sense of humor in my old age.

Shirt - Brooks Brothers
Tie - Charvet
Cufflinks - The Persian Shop, NYC
Braces - Paul Stuart
Socks - New & Lingwood

Outerwear Product Dress shirt Purple Textile
Jeans Purple Comfort Thigh Synthetic rubber
Glasses Smile Mirror Dress shirt Tie
Suit trousers Glasses Dress shirt Smile Tie
Suit trousers Dress shirt Sleeve Standing Tie

·
Registered
16 Posts
The weather in NYC is sunny and mild, though I am most likely not going to experience it firsthand today, as my right ankle is still painful for certain activities (walking up and down stairs being the worst). Taking it easy then, and attempting to amuse myself as best I can, I decided to dress for the weather, and as a balm to my mood - a dose of Ben-Gay for my soul, if you will, as long as we're on the subject of joint pain.

Today's suit was in rotation to be worn, and its bright color inspired the rest of the ensemble - including the rather funky socks. Let it never be said that I'm losing my sense of humor in my old age.

Shirt - Brooks Brothers
Tie - Charvet
Cufflinks - The Persian Shop, NYC
Braces - Paul Stuart
Socks - New & Lingwood

View attachment 84987 View attachment 84988 View attachment 84989 View attachment 84990 View attachment 84991
Upr, get well soon.

·
Registered
6,987 Posts
The weather in NYC is overcoast and cool today, not that it matters very much, as per medical advice, I am to limit my walking as much as possible for the immediate future, to allow my right ankle to heal (a cortisone shot this morning is working its magic as I write).

One of the menswear groups online to which I regularly post is having a challenge, the theme of which is "connections" - articles of clothing that carry a certain meaning above and beyond their appearance. Between my hyperactive memory, and my oversized wardrobe, my closet is a goldmine of the evocative. Today's suit was next in rotation to be worn, and, as it turns out, carries its own set of memories, as I've packed and worn this suit a couple of times, pre-pandemic, to London. A short perusal of the photo files from the last couple of vacations to London produced photos from three different dining venues, all wearing today's suit. As I'm unlikely to see London soon (or go anywhere until my ankle is healed), I will have to settle for pleasant memories of sojourns past. These I share with you - dinners at Rules, Simpson's in the Strand, and Roast.

Today's attire:

Shirt - Brooks Brothers MTM
Tie - Brooks Brothers
Cufflinks - Deakin & Francis, London
Braces - Albert Thurston
Pocket square - Alain Figaret, Paris
Shoes - Crockett & Jones, model name Edgware

Outerwear Tie Dress shirt Textile Sleeve
Brown Black Purple Grey Synthetic rubber
Clothing Glasses Mirror Picture frame Smile
Suit trousers Smile Picture frame Dress shirt Sleeve
Suit trousers Smile Dress shirt Sleeve Tie
Smile Table Tableware Watch Water
Glasses Picture frame Smile Tie Dress shirt
Smile Tableware Picture frame Table Coat

·
Registered
6,987 Posts
The weather is seasonably cool and a bit overcast today in NYC, and this evening, I am attending a members' preview for the Whitney Biennial. Now, were this a preview at the Met or the Frick, I'd most likely be in a suit, but, as it's the Whitney Biennial, a suit would be a bit much, as some percentage of the attendees usually look as if they've come straight from their painting studios in Bushwick, without bothering to change. I daresay, were there ever to be a museum preview party with a clothing-optional dress code, it would be the Whitney Biennial. I have no idea if the art on view will be of interest, but, if history is any guide, the people-watching will be stellar.

Were I James Abbott Macneil Whistler, I would call my attire today "Arrangement in Grey and Blue", but, as I'm not, I'll just call it "what I chose to wear today".

Sports jacket - New & Lingwood
Shirt - Lewin
Tie - Drake's, via the Armoury, NYC
Cufflinks - Fortnum & Mason
Pocket square - no brand name
Trousers & shoes - Paul Stuart
Overcoat - Brooks Brothers
Scarf - Johnstons of Elgin
Cap - Stetson, via JJ Hat Center, NYC

Clothing Outerwear Dress shirt Fashion Textile
Brown Dress shoe Human leg Flooring Wood
Glasses Photograph Smile White Picture frame