Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at the 50% off deal on any Banks stuff. How are their button down shirts? Anyone with experience as to quality? Which ones of the Banks selections are worthwhile? Price point at 50% off is ~$37.

·
Aficianado
1,481 Posts
I'm looking at the 50% off deal on any Banks stuff. How are their button down shirts? Anyone with experience as to quality? Which ones of the Banks selections are worthwhile? Price point at 50% off is ~$37.
They're servicable.That's about it.There is nothing special about them.I'd reccomend trying Paul Frederick for shirts at that price point as they have better fabrics and more color selections and are always having sales.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have an arsenal of 4 JAB shirts, and while they are indeed serviceable, they boast quite the full cut, not ideally suited to my frame, rendering them only good behind a suit. If you get any shirts there, try for the Stays-cool (much more supple and manageable for me) or the Tailored fit (which I should have picked up). While they are solid shirts, I've been much happier with my luxury fit shirts from BB.

·
Registered
55 Posts
The tailored fit Traveler are OK, particularly at the $37 price. The 'un-tailored' versions are cut quite large. Although Bank has constant sales, the traveler shirts don't seem to be marked down all that often (maybe 2 or 3 times / year). Unfortunately, if you're looking at patterns, the tailored fit don't have nearly as many choices as the un-tailored.

·
Registered
269 Posts
A great deal at Jos. Banks is their merino wool polo and/or mock turtle shirts. They use (at least they did last year) a Zegna fabric that is equal to anything on the market. But, I would not buy their dress shirts...

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
I work at JAB, and I own a couple shirts and a sweater from there.

The merino wool sweaters are quite nice, and the one I bought was made with Zegna wool.

The shirts get marked down 50% about twice a year. Once now and once in February typically.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.