Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
5,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So here's the latest screen to interrupt my AAAC browsing, completely taking over my device and not allowing me to return to browsing without shutting down and reopening the browser. It happens multiple times a day with the fake Amazon screen that pops up, and now this one has appeared twice in a row. It is seriously discouraging me from even attempting to visit the site.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Moderator and Bon Vivant
28,126 Posts
And it's showing up on other sites. I may have to take this to the AppleStore. Aha! It was a cookie on my desktop so I hunted it down and killed it.

· Partner / Administrator
1,798 Posts
Got an update from one of our ad-demand partners, as follows.

Keeping it here for informational purposes:

This is actually an issue the entire programmatic ad industry is facing the past week or so. Please see here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/adops/comments/84by3r
We have our malware detection software in place but our partner and none of the other major detection companies are able to pick this up. It appears it is only affecting iOS Mobile users through Safari. Though, I completely understand why you are taking precaution and pausing our mobile traffic. Sadly for us, I think it's a case of wrong place wrong time.

@Oldsarge - I'm curious about your MacKeeper issue.

Per the above, it looks like an issue on iOS Mobile, but you said it affected your desktop.

That seems unusual -- unless cookies auto-sync from mobile/table to desktop, I'm not sure how a rouge ad on mobile could affect your desktop browsing experience.

· Moderator and Bon Vivant
28,126 Posts
Equally oddly I just got the same popup again but when I went to Safari preferences to kill the cookie again, it wasn't there. I wonder if the fact that I have Overdrive on my phone to link phone and desktop together has anything to do with this.

· Partner / Administrator
1,798 Posts
I wonder if the fact that I have Overdrive on my phone to link phone and desktop together has anything to do with this.
Anything that syncs data/cookies/content between your mobile and desktop could possibly result in weird stuff popping up on your desktop.

Hard to say for sure, but those spammers are tricky folks for sure.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.