Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking for waterproof, suit-appropriate oxfords/dress chukkas/boots and there was nothing at Johnston & Murphy, and the only thing turning up at Cole Haan looks very clumsy.

Anyone got any ideas? (Similar price range, nothing ridiculous like Ferragamos or Lobbs)

Thanks.

· Registered
3,297 Posts
The operative word is "suit appropriate". I would consider rubber overshoes. You can use a waterproofing product but then what about the sole? Rubber soled shoes are hardly suit appropriate.

· Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks folks.

The main problem I face, really, is just that my shoes fall apart whenever it rains for an extended period. I use golf-sized umbrellas but even that does not prevent the rain on the shoe, and for some reason the stitching just falls away, peels or whatever, after an extended rain season, especially as I can't wipe the shoe with a towel every single time I go inside. (say if I were arriving for an appointment, exempli grantia)

· Registered
17 Posts
I do not recommend attempting to waterproof any type of fine leather shoe. Using waterproofing products on the leather can break down the fibers in the leather prematurely and decrease the lifespan of the shoes.

Let’s face it, you do not go and purchase a new BMW to go off-roading in. I would recommend either wearing an appropriate pair of shoes for the weather, or investing in a quality pair of overshoes.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.