Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a new member to the forum but have been on the site for a long time. I love this site, it's great to be here and I hope in time I can become a respected and valued contributor. I have tan to dark skin.

I have the watch and silver bracelet above :

a) Would it appropriate or inappropriate to wear both at the same time?
b) What colors goes best with these? Can I wear these with black suits, blue suits, brown suits?
c) Is it appropriate to wear these during casual, semi-formal, or formal occassions?

I don't want to be ostentatious or overdo it. Any helpful guidance or thoughts is appreciated.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Step 1. and this is obvious, dont wear them on the same wrist. I see people sometimes wear chains on the same wrist with the watch and they just wreck each other.

Basically your metal choices are silver (stainless, white gold, platinum etc.) or gold in terms of color and generally speaking I think gold looks better on darker skin. I am very pale and any silver tone looks better on me than gold (IMHO) although dark skin and silver is fine as well.

The bracelet would work in any casual situation but I dont think it would work with a suit and forget formal (watch as well - black tie and a watch is generally not done) but if you are going to wear a watch with a tuxedo that one would be more appropriate than most with its black face.

The diamonds on the watch make it fairly formal to the point that I would only wear it with a suit or dark odd jacket and trousers for an evening social occasion.

Its not an everyday watch really although you have to make the final call.

Consequently I dont see you wearing both on separate wrists at the same time.

If you want to wear both I think you need a less formal watch, it could be a stainless sport watch or a leather band watch but one that can be worn daily and to work.

I think also that the bracelet would go with virtually any casual attire including business casual at the farther end of acceptable just short of a suit. and color-wise the watch would work better worn with either Navy Blue or Black. I dont think that watch would look right with a brown suit - if it was a gold watch sans stones it would work with any color suit but silver and brown are a bit tough especially with the black face.

You basically have a very formal watch and an informal bracelet and since both are very distinctive wearing them both would be kind of overkill. Often when people get the sartorial bug overkill becomes a real risk, less is more.

I think you need to add a more versatile watch to your collection to round out your options.

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
(watch as well - black tie and a watch is generally not done)
This is the first time I've seen this. Then all those fashion plates of tuxedos and watch chains are wrong? Or do you only mean wrist watches but not pocket watches? Where does this come from, please, as I have watches that I could never wear with anything but formal attire?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.