Registered
2,720 Posts

·
Moderator and Bon Vivant
28,097 Posts

·
Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
37,088 Posts
Jeez Louise, perhaps if I were to use my entire life savings, I could afford the dust they wipe away from the top of one of the picture frames in the Rockefeller collection. A current pic of my life's savings follows:

Liquid Drinkware Bottle Tableware Barware

LOL! ;)

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Jeez Louise, perhaps if I were to use my entire life savings, I could afford the dust they wipe away from the top of one of the picture frames in the Rockefeller collection. A current pic of my life's savings follows:

View attachment 21755

LOL! ;)
Glass water bottles, when I was just starting out I used to have 2 containing my life savings. Be careful with filling those glass bottles full with change. One was half filled and when I picked it up the bottom fell out! I guess the steady plink of change weakened the glass. The second, when my son was still a toddler he stood in his chair at the table and fell off onto the bottle and shattered it with his head. Quick trip the emergency room that night! Good times....

Cheers,

BSR

·
Registered
2,865 Posts
I bid on a few small things - some cufflinks and a silver bowl that's a copy of some medieval thing that Samuel Pepys mentioned drinking out of. The copy itself had been owned by J. P. Morgan prior to the Rockefellers.

Everything small went for ungodly prices. I could buy the $250 Tiffany cufflinks, spend another $60 to hand-engrave "DR" on each of them, and save over $1,000 compared to the ones with a provenance.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.