Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Yes, winter is here, and I need to wear my suits to various business meetings. Obviously, pant legs and snow and salt do not mix well. What is the best footwear to buy for this? I am thinking about getting those galoshes that look like boots (i.e. come up well above one's ankle) and zipper up on the front or side. But I wonder if this will make me look "old man." Of course, I'll wear anything to keep my pants clean: I just don't know what's in style or practical for this purpose.

Appreciate all that anyone can tell me, and thank you ahead of time for your opinions.

RQ

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
get a pair of rubbers and, when out, cuff your pants.

And never ask if anything will make you look like an old man. I've never read anybody ask "Will this make me look like a grown-up?"

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Hello,

Yes, winter is here, and I need to wear my suits to various business meetings. Obviously, pant legs and snow and salt do not mix well. What is the best footwear to buy for this? I am thinking about getting those galoshes that look like boots (i.e. come up well above one's ankle) and zipper up on the front or side. But I wonder if this will make me look "old man." Of course, I'll wear anything to keep my pants clean: I just don't know what's in style or practical for this purpose.

Appreciate all that anyone can tell me, and thank you ahead of time for your opinions.

RQ
Personally, I have avoided the "rubbers" option (no jokes there, please!...oh, ok) in favor of the LL Bean gumshoes that we hashed over on another recent post. My wife got me a golf shoe bag last year, and I use it to carry my dress shoes while wearing the LLBeans. It works for me, as I don't mind carrying yet another bag. Plus, here in NJ, we need the gumshoes for only about a day and a half per year. :icon_smile_big:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Anyone know a good source of Galoshes in Toronto, ON, Canada?

Hi again,

Thanks for all this great advice. I live in the Toronto area, and our local department stores (e.g. Sears, The Bay) don't carry Galoshes. Does anyone know of any stores in the GTA/905 that have a good selection?

Thanks,

RQ

·
Registered
3,297 Posts
I recently purchased a pair of NEOS overshoes and am very pleased with them. What I like is not having to haul a pair of shoes in with me every morning.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.