Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Honored Professor | Moderator, All Forums
5,071 Posts
Okay, I will make one attempt to keep this on fashion...but be forewarned, the first hint of politics and it's off to The Interchange!

So do you wear special attire (patriotic, political, good luck, or similar clothing and/or accessories) on election day?

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
I fell down on the job

I tried to vote early this morning. Rolled out of bed, threw on a sweater and jeans, and went to vote. I thought I could do that, go back home and then get suited up for work. My mistake. It took over two hours to vote.

·
Registered
493 Posts
I thought of wearing my red/white/blue striped Eagles (US national rugby team) jersey, but it tends to be a bit striking, so settled for a green/white striped rugby shirt (Irish colors). So NO, no connection to the election, but I did drop off my ballot yesterday! :)

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
I am battling The Mother of All Head Colds today, so it was all I could do to throw on some old jeans, black driving mocs, a Columbia camping shirt, Iowa Hawkeyes ball cap, slink to the polls, then slink back home to the comfort of bed. I did stop off for my free Starbucks, though.:icon_smile_big:

·
Registered
356 Posts
I was surprised that voting at 6 am I still managed to find a nice blazer, shirt tie cuff link and trouser combination. sadly my knot was less than ideal that early in the morning. Considering everyone else was coffee in hand and sweat pants I felt OK with the knot needing a fix.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Up at 0500 eastern time to shower and dress to be in line by 0530.
Wore a black v-neck cashmere sweater with a long sleeve white button down collar underneath. Dark jeans with a black AE belt and a pair of black driving loafers with contrast stitching (red). Striped red, white and blue socks (doing my small part to be patriotic!) and a black and white tweed jacket to ward off the chill (had a fringed black cashmere scarf as well, but it was not necessary!).
Then off to Starbucks to check e-mail, read the Times and sip my free cuppa (Thanksgiving blend!).

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
I'm voting after I get off the train tonight so I will be in a dark grey 2 button suit, white spread collar shirt and pink and green print tie.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Hey Pentheos--

How did voting work in Ancient Greece? Were they polls?

Thanks,

Chase

·
Registered
679 Posts
They wore togas.
Hey, medwards, you got it back to clothing! I guess that's why you are a supreme moderator here, and I am but a humble plebian. :icon_smile_wink:

Kind Regards,

Chase

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
did they get a free cup of starbucks? you can if you vote
That was actually ruled "illegal" so Starbucks was just giving away coffee to everyone who asked today. Apparently the powers that be were concerned people were actually "selling" their votes for coffee.

I had no kids today, so was in blue jeans, Converse Jack Purcells (canvas color), and a khaki military shirt (very Che Guevara). Walked over a mile from my job to my polling site at lunch so I could get my voice heard!

·
Registered
679 Posts
That would be Roman. And Roman plebeians generally wore tunics. ;)
medwards, your knowledge of things sartorial past, present and future is vast. Does your well of knowledge ever run dry?

In awe,

Chase

·
Registered
569 Posts
They Are Everywhere!

medwards, your knowledge of things sartorial past, present and future is vast. Does your well of knowledge ever run dry? In awe, Chase
You have fallen into the trap. Know you not that there are many, many medwards out there, each at his/her own computer terminal, sartorial research papers at the ready, ever prepared to answer an enquiry or banish an offender to the bowels of The Interchange? How else could it be done? :idea:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.