Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cause i am a little obsessed with vertical striped pattern in clothes those are something i look for intensely.
I have learnt that the more formal, easier to find.
So in suits is extremely easy, also shirts, pants.
when came to sweater is more difficult. It is ironic, because at first i am afraid to seem old, but I found some lovely with beautiful vertical patterns (only in front), both elegant and youthful (i emptied the store, because was the only place i found) i like them so much and i try to wear as many as possible.
When it gets really hard is in polos. I could only find them online.
But where it is nearly imposible is in the case of t-shirts. I could only find this:
https://us.asos.com/B-Store-Denim-Striped-T-Shirt/xer5l/?iid=2054369&MID=35719&affid=2135&WT.tsrc=Affiliate&siteID=J84DHJLQkR4-BENVFewtdWOdxYMys3VsFg&r=2&mporgp=L1Byb2Qv

·
Registered
4,555 Posts
What do you think about them? and you know a brand that offers those.
I'm afraid I think vertically striped tees and polos look odd -- it may just be a lack of familiarity, but they seem wrong to me.

I have no problem with vertical stripes most of the time, but you don't want to wear any one pattern all the time -- you'll just get sick of it. If you're posting on here in the first place, you're likely to be wearing a style of dress that works better with woven shirts most of the time. You can wear vertical stripes then, and the less frequent times when you're in a tee or polo can be your chance for a solid.

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
I meant that if you are significantly overweight, patterns are not flattering.

·
Registered
4,555 Posts

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
I am thin, my problem is not weight at all, i want to look taller.
Then to emphasize the vertical should be flattering for you.

It would be fun to come up with a lounge rig that is all vertical stripes...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.