Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's a little early for this thread (though in Los Angeles it was in the high-eighties today), but I'd like to buy one pair of shoes to go with the following summer attire: a traditional linen suit, a seersucker suit, and light-gray linen pants.

Can one pair of shoes (other than the obvious white bucks) go with all three? I love spectators, but would light brown/white spectators go with light-gray pants? Any suggestions would be appreciated...

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Sandals are definitely out of the question. At most, something in the espadrille vein for beach wear. (After all, we wouldn't want to wear our lounge suits anywhere but the beach.:icon_smile:)

Dirty bucks are the obvious alternative to white bucks. I would have to see them with the gray pants, but tan and gray can play well together. Otherwise, I would think of something light in the boat shoe/moccasin family. (Casual suits, after all.) I think the spectators would be fine. I could see this color palette:

going well enough with light grey.

Tangent: As a Southern man, I'm given to understand that wearing loafers without socks in warm weather is my birthright. Is there anything to this, or is it as sweaty and unpleasant as I would think?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.