Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pretty 'trendy' for me but dinner was very nice. The soup de jour and the white bean cassoulet were heavenly. So good in fact they each out performed the entrees which were quite good as well. Service was first rate though 'Portland casual' to the point of looking like school kids.
The point here is ,in a dinning room with about three dozen patrons, mine was the only sport coat on a cool 52 degree evening. At least the only ball cap I noticed rested on top of one of the kitchen staff.

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
Some terrific restaurants in Portland (my favorite city on the West coast, and someplace I've considered relocating to), but I would never expect people to be dressed for dinner there.

I guess if I wanted an "elegant" evening - meaning my eyes fall upon as few baseball caps as possible - I'd go to Gracie's (at the deLuxe) or arrange a large enough dinner party that we could just dominate the space at Willow (it's all chef's menu, and just has two seatings per day).

Or do a personal chef at home: I'll bet Portland is crammed to the brim with personal chefs.

That said, I'll try out Verdigris next time I'm in town.

DH

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Some terrific restaurants in Portland (my favorite city on the West coast, and someplace I've considered relocating to), but I would never expect people to be dressed for dinner there.

I guess if I wanted an "elegant" evening - meaning my eyes fall upon as few baseball caps as possible - I'd go to Gracie's (at the deLuxe) or arrange a large enough dinner party that we could just dominate the space at Willow (it's all chef's menu, and just has two seatings per day).

Or do a personal chef at home: I'll bet Portland is crammed to the brim with personal chefs.

That said, I'll try out Verdigris next time I'm in town.

DH
Not a poor choice but be sure to check out Coquine. (Outrageously expensive and likely the only restaurant with
in a major city limits on an extinct volcano) Its been a while since I've eaten at Gracie's , the last time out was a true Applebees experience.

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
Not a poor choice but be sure to check out Coquine. (Outrageously expensive and likely the only restaurant with
in a major city limits on an extinct volcano) Its been a while since I've eaten at Gracie's , the last time out was a true Applebees experience.
Gracie's is really a venue more than a restaurant.

I'll be sure to check out Coquine!

DH

·
Moderator and Bon Vivant
28,079 Posts
If you want to eat with well-dressed folk in Portland, join the University Club. We have a dress code--and a first rate kitchen staff!

·
Site Creator
11,752 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.