Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend of mine is thinking about buying Vass shoes and asked me to help. This is the first time I am looking at Vass too. Some of you might find the vass budapester shoes a bit clunky, but both me and my friend are big fans of gunboats.

Let us ignore price for the time being ... Quality wise, it seems to be that Vass offerings are superior to alden - espeically in terms of construction. Is this true? Vass appears to be as close to handmade we can get in RTW shoes. My friend in particular likes the 3636 and the banana lasts, and the shoes you see in the website on these lasts (especially shell cordovan) look fantastic.

My friend think that with the hungarian Forint at a historic low, this might be a good time to buy ... Does anyone here own both alden/vass shoes?

·
Registered
5,808 Posts
srivats said:
Let us ignore price for the time being ... Quality wise, it seems to be that Vass offerings are superior to alden - espeically in terms of construction. Is this true? Vass appears to be as close to handmade we can get in RTW shoes.
I think you may have answered your own question! I suggest asking this question on the Fashion Forum, since I don't think you'll find many VASS owners amongst the trads, but you will definitely find people who own both on the main forum.

·
Registered
198 Posts
A friend of mine is thinking about buying Vass shoes and asked me to help. This is the first time I am looking at Vass too. Some of you might find the vass budapester shoes a bit clunky, but both me and my friend are big fans of gunboats.

Let us ignore price for the time being ... Quality wise, it seems to be that Vass offerings are superior to alden - espeically in terms of construction. Is this true? Vass appears to be as close to handmade we can get in RTW shoes. My friend in particular likes the 3636 and the banana lasts, and the shoes you see in the website on these lasts (especially shell cordovan) look fantastic.

My friend think that with the hungarian Forint at a historic low, this might be a good time to buy ... Does anyone here own both alden/vass shoes?
There is actually a SF member offering to proxy Vass right now. Excellent prices. His offer is posted in the in the SF B&S thread.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There is actually a SF member offering to proxy Vass right now. Excellent prices. His offer is posted in the in the SF B&S thread.
Logan, thanks for pointing me to that SF post. The prices are exceedingly tempting, even for me - I was not even looking to buy new shoes ! Do you know how the sizing in the 3636 last?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.