Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in Budapest this weekend as part of a business trip. I went to the Vass store. The shoes were very well made in all respects.

I tried on the shoes, but didn't end up buying. In person, the standard shoes were a bit too stodgy for my taste, the newer shoes too Italian. No accounting for taste.

Price for those interested--99,000 forints, about $450. Counting airfare and hotel they would cost about $5,000 if you decided to go shopping from the US. (Business class)

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tried on shoes

Definitely a great value for the money: assuming you are already in Budapest.

I tried on several models, including the budapesters. For me the front of the shoe was just too boxy. I need a slightly more elongated front of the shoe to look good in my eyes. Plus, I am trying to fill a gap in my shoe selection with an ox-blood or bordeaux cap toe. I'll keep searching until I find just the right shoe. No hurry.

·
Registered
3,182 Posts
I own a vintage pair of Heinrich Dinkelacker shoes that fit "almost" perfect. Few of the Vass styles are my cup of tea.

Given their relative value I would love to pull the trigger on more then one pair of new Heinrich Dinkelacker shoes. My issue is knowing on the front end what my exact fit would be,....

One of my favorites.

I'd hazard a guess that I have spent upwards of a thousand bucks finding out my exact fit, depending on last, in Alden shoes alone.

I've even looked into having custom lasts built, (that I can keep,) to be sent to a given shoe maker when I wish to have a pair made.

I have no problem placing an order for a pair of bespoke shoes,....but I would like to have the last to keep and do with what I see fit.

Enough of a rant.

If anyone knows where I can have a pair of lasts built for me, (that I own) please pass along the information.

Best wishes,

Bill Woodward
Portland, Oregon

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.