Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am traveling to Vancouver, B.C. at the end of the month and was wondering if anyone knows of any shops there worth visiting. Restaurant recommendations would also be appreciated!

Thanks in Advance.

·
Registered
53 Posts
No good shops really to speak of compared to many places, but as for restaurants, there are many excellent places to choose from. I'd suggest:

French: Mistral or Jules for value, Le Crocodile for execution
Continental: Parkside on Haro
Italian: Cioppino's
Japanese: Everyone will say Tojo's, but I actually prefer the many Izakaya joints around town (Hapa is good, so are all of the Guus)
Indian: Vij's
Portuguese: Senova
Seafood: C (I don't really suggest it, I think it's boring: but I'd be shot if I didn't list it)
Latin: Baru Latino
Belgian: Chambar
SE Asian: Phnom Penh (in a bit of a sketchy neighbourhood, but worth it)
Dim Sum: Kirin
Late Night: BIN 941/942
Fish & Chips (Shush, I think of it as a foodgroup): Go Fish

·
Registered
520 Posts
No good shops really to speak of compared to many places, but as for restaurants, there are many excellent places to choose from. I'd suggest:

French: Mistral or Jules for value, Le Crocodile for execution
Continental: Parkside on Haro
Italian: Cioppino's
Japanese: Everyone will say Tojo's, but I actually prefer the many Izakaya joints around town (Hapa is good, so are all of the Guus)
Indian: Vij's
Portuguese: Senova
Seafood: C (I don't really suggest it, I think it's boring: but I'd be shot if I didn't list it)
Latin: Baru Latino
Belgian: Chambar
SE Asian: Phnom Penh (in a bit of a sketchy neighbourhood, but worth it)
Dim Sum: Kirin
Late Night: BIN 941/942
Fish & Chips (Shush, I think of it as a foodgroup): Go Fish
What, no Joe Forte's?

·
Registered
450 Posts
You might see some trad stuff at Edward Chapman's, but I haven't been in there in some time.

If you like Indian food, the Vij's recommendation is spot on. I like Gotham for steaks, and Il Giardino is nice old school Italian. Szechuan Chongking is my choice for Szechuan, though some may argue that one.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all the recommendations. Think I'll definitely try out Vij's for Indian food. I can't wait to escape the miserable Texas summer. I'll look up Edward Chapman's to see if it's nearby my hotel. I'm staying about 5 blocks from Stanley Park.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Thanks for all the recommendations. Think I'll definitely try out Vij's for Indian food. I can't wait to escape the miserable Texas summer. I'll look up Edward Chapman's to see if it's nearby my hotel. I'm staying about 5 blocks from Stanley Park.
I'm going to recommend Carderro's on the waterfront. I haven't been to Vancouver for a couple years, but this restaurant defines the city for me. It's kind of an upscale casual, great seafood, nice views. It's close to Stanley Park as well.

Last time I was there I had a wonderful lunch at the Fairmont Waterfront as well.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm going to recommend Carderro's on the waterfront. I haven't been to Vancouver for a couple years, but this restaurant defines the city for me. It's kind of an upscale casual, great seafood, nice views. It's close to Stanley Park as well.

Last time I was there I had a wonderful lunch at the Fairmont Waterfront as well.
The wife loves seafood, so she'll no doubt want to go. I am confronted with many good choices which can be a fortunate thing. I'm sure I'll be the only one not wearing fleece, but I don't mind :icon_smile_big:.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Be sure to go to a steak or chop house. I'd like to hear how you think Alberta beef stacks up against Texas.

Also, if you don't mind the prices, try the revolving restaurant at the Waterfront Centre.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.