Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently spent a lot of time on the road flying between the UK, US, Asia and Europe on a business transaction.

Today I was due to fly home to London but a client commitment has me going to Frankfurt - and I have run out of clean shirts...

As I am in Vienna, my hotel recommended that I try Knize. I ended up purchasing a Van Laack Royale shirt there. I have never heard of this brand - does anyone know it?

Vik

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
I picked one up on eBay two years ago. I elieve they are made in Germany. I particularly like the buttons and fit of the shirt. It has a nice slim fit, very soft and light, and quite comfortable. I'm no shirt expert, butu the Van Laack I have is quite nice. What was the retail for it, if you don't mind me asking?

·
Registered
162 Posts
Van Laack is one of the standard brands that better German clothing stores carry. Shirts are available as RTW and MTM, the surcharge for MTM is reasonable, if you are happy with the brand's general quality and price. MTM starts at 120 Euro and goes up to 200 or 220, as usual depending on fabric.
The available MTM-options (e.g. number of different collar or cuff styles) are not comparable with Jantzen's or similar operations though.
The fabric selection is very nice, turn around time is about a month.
According to German Wikipedia shirts are not only produced in Germany, but in Vietnam, Tunisia and Indonesia as well.

·
Registered
162 Posts
As a member of this forum it's probably not even difficult to find a better price/value ratio.
That I have my second van Laack MTM shirt on order comes down to convenience: I can walk to my favourite haberdasher's within 15 minutes, can rummage through the cloth samples and touch and feel what I am going to order. - Aided by a trustworthy salesman who knows what he is doing.
The first shirt turned out acceptable, for the second we tweaked a few things. All things considered the price/value ratio if satisfying from my point of view.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.