Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Taking her to see the Bard's great love story...Macbeth.

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
We're actually going to avoid the massive crowds and spotty restaurant service inherent with dining out on Valentine's Day and going out Friday night (I know, I know...it's Friday the 13th, but who cares as long as the flame still flickers). We have a tradition of eating French on V-day, and this year is no exception.

On Valentine's Day, we're staying in, drinking some really good Proseco, eating chocolate-covered corn flakes (a speciality from a local chocolatier), listening to jazz by the fire, maybe watch a romatic movie and.....:icon_smile_wink:

Other than flowers from her favorite florist, I may swing by a gallery and get her a small sclupture she's been eyeing.

·
Registered
250 Posts
My employees buys flowers wholesale and we all get together and make flower arrangements for our wives. Insures we aren't in the dog house at home.

Try to have a nice dinner. This is a huge luxury now that we have two children (6 yrs & 6mos.)

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
Wife and I will be in Florida visiting my parents. Gifts will be dinner at a restaurant of my parents choosing plus a card. Wifey gets all kinds of goodies all year long so she just prefers dinner and a little romance.

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
A chef friend of mine has a new restaurant, so he's giving me and the wife the VIP treatment.

I'm going to make some truffles as well. Her favorite of my truffles is a white chocolate/macha ganache rolled in raw macha powder, so I'll make that. I'm going to try an experiment as well, a bittersweet chocolate ganache infused with rose oil or a rose liqueur, then dipped in bittersweet chocolate for the coating - so, a rose truffle. Might or might not work ;)

Otherwise, we like to keep it simple.

D.

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
A good bottle of Victorian Pinot to wash down a nice home cooked meal, with appropriate sound track to set the mood. The only thing I know is at present the dessert is going to be White Chocolate Cointreau Mouse with macerated strawberries.

The good thing is that the boy is going away on a footy weekend so the house is to ourselves. :devil:

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Sending her an iPod and artwork.
To really make an effort to make her feel special on this day, book her for two hours rather than the usual one.
What a nice group of guys - The ladies in your life are all very lucky!! Enjoy the holiday!! :)
He certainly knows how to stimulate the economy, if not his woman.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Nothing.

Well, not quite. My wife and I decided years ago to celebrate Valentine's the following weekend. No trouble trying to get a reservation, no fighting traffic, no trouble finding parking, no waiting in line, etc. I'd rather have a nice, calm, quiet evening without fighting the crowds. Here in Little Rock it is like a war zone on Valentine's and pretty much ruins the whole evening.

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
She's getting noting for Valentine's Day. I don't believe in the holiday. But our three year anniversary is the week after, so we'll do something then. Plus she got an engagement ring for sweetest day

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.