Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend had a pair of extra woodlore shoe trees (cedarville ultra model) and gave them to me ... is it OK to these shoe trees with alden shells? I ask because alden's own shoe trees seems to fit better and 'fuller' - i.e. they go in deeper towards the toe compared to the woodlore ones. I don't want to damage my shells using improper shoe trees ...

Note that the woodlore shoe trees in my posession are medium, which they say should work for 9.5D/E shoes (which is my shoe size).

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
If the shoe-tree are the spring-type then yes. I use the same shoe-tree (spring type) for all my shoes, boots and trainers. Not perfect, but good enough to maintain my footwear.

Although sometimes general shoe-trees do not work well with certain loafer designs.

The only time you should not use a shoe-tree for shoes is if they were specifically made for a certain pair because their shape would be different.

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
You are absolutely right, Woodlore/AE shoe trees are a bit smaller than Alden/Rochester ones (for the same size).
But I would still use them if that is the only option. It is still a good functional product.

If you want an even bigger tree, Nordstrom Rack sells their shoe trees that are even fuller than Alden/Rochester.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.