Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Below is the link to the joint mission of the US Army and Sears. Amazing. Will this last what is bound to be some critical finger pointing (the middle one) from vets? Will the media turn its head without comment? How was Sears picked? Who was stupid enough to pick Sears? Will my taxes go down because Sears will provide the proceeds to the Army. Is this country out of its ever loving mind?

https://www.armybrand.com/

· Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
37,088 Posts
As a veteran, I too object but, think of the possible advertising slogans; "If you care to send the very best and it absolutely, positively must be there in 30 minutes or less, send Minuteman III"! Years ago a proposal was humorously floated through the procurement community in the Pentagon, to sell advertising space on our main battle tanks and on certain of our combat aircraft. Sadly, it seems that day may be coming. :eek:

· Registered
58 Posts
How does this compare to the myriad commercial enterprises such as Soldier City, Combat Casuals, Ranger Joe's, The Cavalry Store, etc. who sell casual attire with military insignia and embroidery? I don't believe the Army gets any of that money.

As a veteran of the military police corps and the 82nd Abn Div, I must admit that those places have gotten their share of my money and although I agree only a person who has served in the unit or has earned the wings should wear them, I was never asked for proof when I ordered.

· Registered
302 Posts
I feel like saying this is an awful move by the Army, but awful would be a step up. This is particularly offensive. But then again, this is from the same branch that brought you an Air Force-similar blue uniform, getting away from the wonderful ones that were so beloved in WWII.

· Registered
2,163 Posts
I feel like saying this is an awful move by the Army, but awful would be a step up. This is particularly offensive. But then again, this is from the same branch that brought you an Air Force-similar blue uniform, getting away from the wonderful ones that were so beloved in WWII.
Historically, you must remember the original army uniforms were indeed blue. But I personally think green is a more appropriate color.

· Registered
6,066 Posts
Have you all "complained" to anyone - Senators, Congresspersons, Sears, Landsend? In addition to my local loser Congressman and Senator Nelson, I made sure Landsend knew I would no longer be supporting Sears or their affiliated companies. Landsend keeps good customer records/histories and they seemed either equally offended or sufficiently worried about any business they might lose over this decision. They asked for "an opportunity" to discuss correcting the situation with their parent company. I was very pleased with the sober/sincere response I received from LE.

· Registered
6,066 Posts
From what I've learned the last couple of days there was a major problem in the communication of this "branding opportunity" with senior Army types. It has turned into a real poop storm and a lot of folks involved are digging fox holes. Anyway, here's my two cents:

www.thetrad.blogspot.com
Yes, in light of the RL situation you may be liable ... just kidding, of course ;)

You did the right thing, and eventually the Army will figure it out as well.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.