Men's Clothing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Obviously, unlike the fairer sex, a gentleman does not indulge in wild or exotic undergarments. However, like other garments that are more commonly seen and discussed on this forum, there appears to be a wide variety in the price and quality of underwear.

My experience is limited to a few brands and I am still looking for a great value in underwear.

Underpants..still haven't found the right thing:
Fruit of the Loom, Hanes, et al briefs--these are the standard, I suppose. They're cheap and not particularly attractive, but they are the common denominator I am trying to improve over.

Fruit of the Loom, Hanes, et cetera cotton boxers--these are a step backwards from the briefs. The cotton is scratchy, they ride up throughout the day, and wear out even more quickly.

Calvin Klein boxer briefs--At $20 a pair, they are considerably more expensive, but are comfortable and reasonably attractive, but they wear out about as fast as the cheap stuff. For the price, I'd expect more quality, however. I fear half the price is for the label.

As for undershirts, I've had more luck. The standard Hanes, et cetera ones aren't too great. The Calvin Klein ones are a little softer, but that's about it. They aren't long enough to stay tucked in unless you tuck them into your underpants...and I *hate* that. Simply, the CK aren't worth the price premium.

For the price of Calvin Klein undershirts, Jos Bank or Brooks Brothers can be purchased. Both are a vast improvement, but the Brooks is slightly better overall (a little longer and softer). I am currently wearing Brooks Brothers undershirts and am fairly satisifed, but am always curious if someone has found a better value. If not, I will probably buy more of the Brooks.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.