Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have any of you heard of "A Horse and Jockey Ltd", manufacturer of waxed cotton coats? Label prestige, or lack thereof, is not as important as general assessment of quality. Thanks in advance for any help.

·
Registered
561 Posts
I don't know that particular brand Agnash, but there are many good enough versions of waxed country coats.

Barbour doesn't have a monopoly on wax coats nor did they invent them, they are though probably the most stylish and they really promoted the brand image to almost icon status.

You can buy waxed coats for a quarter of a Barbour price and if you need a waxed coat/jacket for real working purposes, it's probably the sanest thing to do, particularly if there is any likelyhood of rips and tears, Barbour won't service, let alone warrant any of their garments that have been self - repaired or patched.

F.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Franko, my purchase is indeed based on the need for function over style or designer label. I want to keep the rain off of me when I am at the farm.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.