Men's Clothing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few weeks ago bought two shirts from them, both herringbones with French cuffs, one white and one pale blue. The white was their standard cut; the blue, their trim cut. I just got them yesterday.

The fabric feels soft and dense. I tried both shirts on over a grey tee--the white shirt barely betrayed this; the pale blue, not at all. The sheen of the fabric was unexpected: they looked a bit more matte in the photos, but I'm still happy with it.

The armholes are nice and high--high enough that, for the first time, raising my arms didn't make me look like a bat and my cuffs weren't lost when I donned a jacket.

The cut of both shirts through the body provides just enough room for comfort, but is slim enough to prevent the dreaded "wave front" when wearing a jacket. The fullness of most shirts usually frustrates me: I'm 5'7", 125lbs, and on me, a 14.5 32/33 shirt usually looks like three windsocks stitched together, then collared and cuffed. Only with some judicious tucking do most of my shirts look presentable under a jacket, unless I have them tailored. Oddly, the trim-cut shirt felt a bit more generous in the body than the standard cut, but both settled down nicely under my jacket, with no bunching.

Time will tell regarding their wear characteristics, but they seem solidly constructed with decent stitching, though I'm admittedly no expert. The buttons are plastic, but are a pleasing, marbled off-white. Unless they fell apart in two months, I'd consider them a good value for the $68 each that I paid, including $10 each to shorten the sleeves.

Fair and softly goes far.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.