Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am aware that it is against the rules to mention another site or forum on AAAC so no names will be given. On another site under "rules" they state that one should not wear a tie with a tweed sportcoat for the tweed is too informal a piece to be paired with a tie.I think this is utter bull. Have any of you ever heard of such and why would they think that?

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
I have 7 ties - 2 for navy suit, 2 for grey suit, 2 for black suits and 1 for my tweed. Although most of the time, I wear the tweed without a tie, there are times when a tie is needed in the countryside.

Someone once rudely asked me why I have to wear a tie at The Ritz, my response "so they do not let you in".

If the forum is American, do they think BD shirts are 'smart-wear'?

·
Banned
16,023 Posts
THE WHOLE FORUM IS GOING DOWN THE DRAIN HWYYADGGYDDSADJKJSGS

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
My God this forum has devolved.
Somewhere in the Rabbit books John Updike has the title character say something like this:

"The world just keeps on ending, but new people too dumb to know it keep showing up as if the fun's just started."

The king is dead, long live the king. And in fields of azure splendor may he stroll while adorned in a tweed jacket and smart tie.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I am aware that it is against the rules to mention another site or forum on AAAC so no names will be given. ...
Where the heck is that rule? Only ever saw under #4: 'We believe that the presence of more than one men's clothing Forum on the web is a benefit to us all'.

(Always looking to avoid a faux-pas, me.)

I like bright ties with tweed. Red wool knits and the more garish repps come to mind.

·
Banned
298 Posts
I wear tweed suits ona regular basis, and I wear tweed Hacking Jackets on a regular basis.
I "usually" wear a tie with a jacket but sometimes a cravat and on the odd occasion no tie at all
I know, I should be shot for it and I promise to smarten up in future|!!

RBH

·
Registered
749 Posts
Wool ties, rather than shiny silk ones, go excellently with tweed jackets. In the UK there used to be splendid woven ties from Munrospun, Craigmill and woollen mills in Wales and Scotland, but the ties have become rare and the firms may be extinct. Some London firms today make excellent wool ties with paisley or simpler patterns. The rougher surface of wool complements the tweed.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.