Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a first year law student interested in purchasing a tweed jacket for the oncoming fall weather.

I'm having a hard time finding a tweed jacket with a more tailored fit. Might anyone have a suggestion or two as to what label or what store might sell a tweed jacket that conjures the college campus for a student - not a professor?

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
JCrew Sportcoat

Not necessarily tweed, but jcrew has a herringbone grey wool sport coat thats nice.

The purists will chastise you for your incorrect use of the word "blazer"...but I get your jist.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Not necessarily tweed, but jcrew has a herringbone grey wool sport coat thats nice.

The purists will chastise you for your incorrect use of the word "blazer"...but I get your jist.
Good talk rgrossicone. Tweed and blazers are mutually exclusive.

That being said, depending on your budget try J. Crew and Bannanna. If they are too expensive, I've always seen TONS of tweed jackets in every thrift store I've ever been in - just take your time and find something you like. If the fit is close remember it can be tweaked to your liking by a competent tailor.

J. Press also has terrific tweed jackets all the time although they are a bit more professorial than you likely care for.

If it is in you budget, go MTM and get exactly what you want.

·
Registered
811 Posts
If you're going to hit ebay etc, check under "hacking jackets." Those cut for equestrian endeavors tend to be a bit more atheletically structured. Also, those which are double or side vented tend to be more of an "English" cut which is probably what you're going for rather than the sack suit cut of most center vent Harris tweeds.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.