Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Honored Professor | Moderator, All Forums
5,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I received a flyer today announcing Turnbull & Asser's bespoke cashmere service. Has anyone used this service? What other providers of bespoke cashmere knitwear would you recommend?

·
Registered
964 Posts
Hello medwards,
I love the stock cashmere in T&A- it's made by John Laing and is fantastic value during sale times- single ply V necks were reduced to £49 each in the summer sale! I assume that Laing makes the bespoke cashmere too- or did your flyer specify a different source?

As far as other bespoke options go, I know Ballantyne offers a bespoke service but I think that is probably limited to colours and variations of intarsia designs rather than fit. Also with the current state of affairs there they might not be a good choice. Even Berk told me a couple of days ago that they were in the dark about what the takeover means for the company.

I know Henry Poole also mention a bespoke cashmere service on their site but, again, whether this is true bespoke as you would define it I don't know. Norton and Sons also offer something similar using William Lockie I believe.

Finally perhaps Berk could arrange something like this for you- their contacts in the cashmere industry are exhaustive!

I hope this helps a little,

Chris.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Bespoke Cashmere

You may think about anyone who can make cashmere knitwears at your favorit color, perfect fit and your dreamed style/design... it's okay now, has been offering bespoke cashmere services since the Fall 2008. You're welcome to drop an e-mail or speak to us at your convenience, or the best to come over to our office have a cup of tea, our contact info:
E-mail:
[email protected]
MSN: [email protected]

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
I know Henry Poole also mention a bespoke cashmere service on their site but, again, whether this is true bespoke as you would define it I don't know. Norton and Sons also offer something similar using William Lockie I believe.
Huntsman offer 'bespoke' knitwear (2-ply cashmere), but they do make it clear it is made-to-order and I think the others on The Row are MTO as well (rather then true bespoke). Huntsman price starts at £275, not sure if this is for a sweater or a vest sweater, I suspect the former.

T&A cashmere sweaters retail for £295 but for their custom service, I do not know if there is an up-charge and if so, how much.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I know Poole, Hunstman, Norton & Sons

H Huntsman charges £275-340 for their service; Poole and Norton & Sons was comparable.

My guess is they all get shipped to the same place. I'm curious on the quality. If it's decent, I'll certainly purchase quite a few pieces.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.