Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a pair of black sport boots that I bought from Barney's Co-Op 2 years ago. The soles are still in good shape but I've never been a big fan of the soles because the soles are neither here nor there.

Here are a few pics of the boots - https://tinyurl.com/4tp55l

So I am thinking about getting the boots resoled. Some options I've considered are a lug sole or a Vibram sole like the ones that come on Prada sport boots although I'm not sure if the Prada Sport - type sole is feasible as an aftermarket sole.

So what type of aftermarket sole do you think these boots would look best resoled with?

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
I am with eagle, that soles should stay close to the originals. The only time I would try to change is if the original manufacturer does the resoling.

But, that's not an issue at hand.

Since you want to do a "premature resoling" for aesthetic reasons (with acceptance that there are some risks involved) - i would have to suggest leather soles. Chelsea boot is a dressier shoe, and leather soles would look good.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
google "superfuture shoes that look better with age" or any abbreviated selection of those keywords. You will find a huge thread inhabited by the boot obsessed, mulling over every possible sole/boot combination known to man.

·
Registered
804 Posts
I have a pair of black sport boots that I bought from Barney's Co-Op 2 years ago. The soles are still in good shape but I've never been a big fan of the soles because the soles are neither here nor there.

Here are a few pics of the boots - https://tinyurl.com/4tp55l

So I am thinking about getting the boots resoled. Some options I've considered are a lug sole or a Vibram sole like the ones that come on Prada sport boots although I'm not sure if the Prada Sport - type sole is feasible as an aftermarket sole.

So what type of aftermarket sole do you think these boots would look best resoled with?
You should match the sole to the use--some of the Vibram soles are designed for hiking and backpacking, and wear a lot faster on concrete and asphalt. Other soles (leather) wear a lot faster when wet, or are porus and pick up fluids (think the mens at the baseball stadium...eww).

If you have a good cobbler a conversation with him should help a lot. If talking to him doesn't, then he's not good cobbler...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.