Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
688 Posts
https://img362.imageshack.us/my.php?image=oconnells1tk9.jpg

Had a little trouble posting the pic so here is the link of me peeking over the clothes at OC while Ethan Huber, second-generation owner and one of the nicest, and most knowledgeable fellows I've met, checks out a few things. Wanted a good many things I saw and will buy some of them in the near future. I was particularly impressed with an H. Freeman in tropical wool and the year-round blazer. Contrary to what was posted here, they are far from a "beater blazer" and I suspect it would be perfect for summer. It was far nicer, with a beautiful drape, than the blazer I recently tried on at BB. OC is worth a visit--if just to hear the stories from Ethan's dad about how the place came into being. Buffalo is also worth a look, a city clearly coming back with a vital downtown, world-class art museum, good restaurants and a gorgeous park.

Edit: Here you go...

·
Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
37,088 Posts
Your picture evokes a growing urge to run one's hands over the fabric of those mountains of trousers, with racks of jackets hanging in the background, appearing as ridges covered in trees, sporting their autumnal foliage. There is just nothing quite like a color tour, through the Northeast, this time of year! Thanks for sharing your experience with us. ;)

·
Registered
483 Posts
thank you for sharing your experience with us. it appears to be exactly the opposite of what you would find over at the andover shop(cambridge location). i wonder how long it would take until you get the boot, if you took a picture of them in the store. :p

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
I have not been to Buffalo in years but have ordered from the OC website and been very happy with my purchases. Now I have a good reason to visit: not only to have the rapturous fall clothing experience Eagle so well describes but also to hear good stories. Both are good reasons to visit but put them together and it becomes necessary to visit!

Thanks for the report. :icon_smile:

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the post, Pgolden,

Any thoughts on the fit of that blazer that you liked? It sounds like it might be the ideal jacket for Sydney weather, but I'd be buying sight unseen.

Cheers
The blue tropical weight blazer fit beautifully; the material was very fine and had a lovely drape. Get in touch with Ethan by e-mail or phone and check to see if you can return the blazer if it's not for you. For cooler weather, OC also has a doeskin that is just as nice.

·
Registered
5,808 Posts
Nice photo. To anyone who's been there, Ethan is certainly recognizable, even from behind. I'm glad the piles of pants didn't disappear with the renovations. Judging from the location in the store, I guess you are a size 44 jacket?

I've said this before, but it's worth repeating: OLC is the "genuine article" and they deserve our support more than BB or Press.

I still have some credit there but with the currently undervalued CDN$ / overvalued US$, it's unlikely I will be able to use it anytime soon.

·
Registered
5,808 Posts
Pgolden said:
The blue tropical weight blazer fit beautifully; the material was very fine and had a lovely drape. Get in touch with Ethan by e-mail or phone and check to see if you can return the blazer if it's not for you. For cooler weather, OC also has a doeskin that is just as nice.
I have both of those blazers. They are excellent, but I don't own BB so I can't compare. The doeskin is particularly wonderful and I chose it instead of flannel since it looked and felt better.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nice photo. To anyone who's been there, Ethan is certainly recognizable, even from behind. I'm glad the piles of pants didn't disappear with the renovations. Judging from the location in the store, I guess you are a size 44 jacket?

I've said this before, but it's worth repeating: OLC is the "genuine article" and they deserve our support more than BB or Press.

I still have some credit there but with the currently undervalued CDN$ / overvalued US$, it's unlikely I will be able to use it anytime soon.
Close. Size 42

·
Registered
5,808 Posts
Pgolden said:
Close. Size 42
...but no cigar. Whenver Ethan has pulled out a 42L for me it's from just to the right of the mirror. I'm glad you enjoyed your visit; if you lived nearby I bet you'd be in there every Saturday hanging around!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.