Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm heading to Houston for two days next week for recruiting, I'll be near Houston Baptist University. Any places in the area that I should visit?

·
Registered
305 Posts
At the risk of being Captain Obvious, try to head to the Galleria area. The mall itself has a Church's shoe store, Brooks Brothers, multiple department stores and assorted high-end boutiques. There's also an Orvis down the street and a shirtmaker nearby who supplies shirts for Barney's.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Not clothes

I've always enjoyed Goode Company BBQ and Rudi Lechner's German restauarant when visiting Houston. Those are two cooking styles that are lacking in the GNO area.

·
Registered
305 Posts
I've always enjoyed Goode Company BBQ and Rudi Lechner's German restauarant when visiting Houston. Those are two cooking styles that are lacking in the GNO area.
Ah, Goode Company :) Nothing better than enjoying a Shiner Bock, your favorite smoked meat(s) and some jalapeno cheese bread on one of their picnic tables. Then there's Pappadeux's, Little Pappasito's, mix in some Cafe Express and La Madeleine ... I miss Houston!

·
Registered
284 Posts
Otto's is terrible bbq (in my opinion)....try Luling City Market on Richmond just inside the Loop.

If you're on someone elses dime for the trip, try Mark's on lower Westheimer. Fantastic food in a beautiful setting (old church).

Orvis relocated their Westheimer location to nearer the Galleria (still on Westheimer). The old shop is now an outlet and has some excellent prices.

Many people like Norton Ditto for men's clothing.

Also, if you go to the Galleria, stop in to the Marshall's across the street. I've seen some very high-end stuff in it...unlike any other Marshall's/TJ Maxx I've ever been in for merchandise quality.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Ah, Goode Company :) Nothing better than enjoying a Shiner Bock, your favorite smoked meat(s) and some jalapeno cheese bread on one of their picnic tables. Then there's Pappadeux's, Little Pappasito's, mix in some Cafe Express and La Madeleine ... I miss Houston!
I usually go with the St. Arnold brew. The food from La Madeleine and Pappadeux are available here in GNO, but we are lacking in good German and BBQ.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I created myself a google map with a few of the suggestions (I'm only there 2 days and a night). I plan on sampling some TX bbq and mexican food. I'm also going to do a little shopping, the upscale Marshall's sounds great. Thanks for the help guys.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.