Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a pair of super 120 trousers from Trinity Apparel Group. My rep uses them and spoke highly of their quality and prices. My rep charged me $380 pre-tax. Overall I'm satisfied with the trousers. Has anybody ever heard of this company. Can I purchase directly from them with out going through my rep? What sort of mark-up did my rep charge me??

$380 seems expensive, but I am somewhat new to the custom world.

Thanks

·
Registered
87 Posts
I used to work for them in their retail store, Latham Thomas. It is ok stuff. It is made in a factory outside of Shanghai (sp?), and the quality was fairly inconsistent when I sold the product. By that, I am talking about small details like the stitching would not be consistent on suits or trousers made on the same order for a client. Nothing major but little things I noticed. The piece goods are ok, but I was always concerned that some of the anonymous fabric (not Dormeuil or Zegna and the like) was not what it seemed, ie maked Super XXX but in actuality a lower quality or a blend. While the price you paid is consistent with custom/made-to-measure, there is a large mark up on the goods...maybe not on your retailer's end, but on Trinity's wholesale for sure.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I used to work for them in their retail store, Latham Thomas. It is ok stuff. It is made in a factory outside of Shanghai (sp?), and the quality was fairly inconsistent when I sold the product. By that, I am talking about small details like the stitching would not be consistent on suits or trousers made on the same order for a client. Nothing major but little things I noticed. The piece goods are ok, but I was always concerned that some of the anonymous fabric (not Dormeuil or Zegna and the like) was not what it seemed, ie maked Super XXX but in actuality a lower quality or a blend. While the price you paid is consistent with custom/made-to-measure, there is a large mark up on the goods...maybe not on your retailer's end, but on Trinity's wholesale for sure.
Thanks for the reply. Your comments are right on point. The fabric was nothing special at all. I have purchased RTW super 120's at Nordstrom in the past and I thought the fabric was superior.

When the trousers arrived, the inner lining in the front was pulled so tight that is caused the trousers to be unwearable. I had to return them to my rep and have him fix them - which he did.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.