Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a pair of khakis and/or chinos that are trim/slim fitting with a natural waist. It seems that these pants sit lower on the waist. I tried the J Crew essential fit chinos but found them wide around the thighs. I believe the BB Milano style also sits lower on the waist. Any suggestions? Thanks.

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
This is kind of cheezy and really expensive, but I do actually want a pair. Toys Mccoy makes a repro of the khakis Steve McQueen wore as Virgil Hilts in The Great Escape. I think these are the quintessential natural waist slim fit khakis.
https://www.toys-mccoy.com/store/mctrousers.html

·
Registered
544 Posts
I'm looking for a pair of khakis and/or chinos that are trim/slim fitting with a natural waist. It seems that these pants sit lower on the waist. I tried the J Crew essential fit chinos but found them wide around the thighs. I believe the BB Milano style also sits lower on the waist. Any suggestions? Thanks.
Did you try the classic fit? You would have to have REALLY skinny thighs to find them wide.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Memphis is right - "Essential" chinos are a line of J Crew pants made in a variety of fits, including Giant, Regular, and Classic. The Classic fit may be just what you seek. From description:

• Slimmer, more tailored-our most popular fit.
  • Sits on hips, slim through hip and thigh, with a narrow leg.
Personally, these are perfect for me.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Memphis is right - "Essential" chinos are a line of J Crew pants made in a variety of fits, including Giant, Regular, and Classic. The Classic fit may be just what you seek. From description:

These are my second favorite, right after the Rugby New University Chino.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts

Yes, the classic fit is slim. I have several pair and like them a lot. I order mine cuffed.

·
Registered
526 Posts
I was looking for the exact opposite. Which is just what you're looking for. So, with that said, LE has some very nice slim fit chinos with a high waist. They've been discussed at length here. So, you can search LE chinos. Good luck

·
Registered
219 Posts
If J Crew, you need to try the classic fit specifically. Those are the most trim all the way around. All others are baggy.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.