Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi there,
I will be traveling to Brazil in a few weeks and will need to be dressed up for a good portion of the trip, slacks and button ups occasionally with a tie. I am hoping for some help in finding clothes that can be mixed and matched for this so I can pack light. Maybe 2 pair of slacks, 4 or 5 button up shirts, and 1 pair of shoes. Any suggestions for color combinations? I will be there for a month.

·
Registered
777 Posts
2 pairs of slacks? Charcoal and medium grey. Or medium grey and light grey. Both solid. That lets you wear just about anything.

5 shirts? Solid white. Solid light blue. Solid medium blue. Solid cream color. Maybe white with thin pinstriping.

1 pair of shoes for this? A brown blucher or oxford wingtip maybe, or perhaps a dressier brown cukka.

To constantly reuse clothes like this and not look like it, need to go with the super bland staples that are nondescript and don't get noticed.

Own a navy blazer? Take that too. Will go with anything mentioned above.

·
Super Moderator
27,866 Posts
2 pairs of slacks? Charcoal and medium grey. Or medium grey and light grey. Both solid. That lets you wear just about anything.

5 shirts? Solid white. Solid light blue. Solid medium blue. Solid cream color. Maybe white with thin pinstriping.

1 pair of shoes for this? A brown blucher or oxford wingtip maybe, or perhaps a dressier brown cukka.

To constantly reuse clothes like this and not look like it, need to go with the super bland staples that are nondescript and don't get noticed.

Own a navy blazer? Take that too. Will go with anything mentioned above.
And unless I'm mistaken, I think you might add, anything that will keep you comfortable in hot and humid summer weather.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Brazil is a large country with a diverse climate and even in their summer it can be chilly in some places such as São Joaquim at higher elevations in the south. I would suggest researching the weather history at the specific locations you plan to visit. I wouldn't lump Brazilian weather together any more than I would that of the U.S.

·
Super Moderator
27,866 Posts
Brazil is a large country with a diverse climate and even in their summer it can be chilly in some places such as São Joaquim at higher elevations in the south. I would suggest researching the weather history at the specific locations you plan to visit. I wouldn't lump Brazilian weather together any more than I would that of the U.S.
Interesting, I didn't know that! Thanks!

I was once talking with a native of Columbia about their climate which I considered universally hot and humid due to the latitude, but he informed me that due to the elevation in some areas it could be temperate to chilly.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Hi there,
I will be traveling to Brazil in a few weeks and will need to be dressed up for a good portion of the trip, slacks and button ups occasionally with a tie. I am hoping for some help in finding clothes that can be mixed and matched for this so I can pack light. Maybe 2 pair of slacks, 4 or 5 button up shirts, and 1 pair of shoes. Any suggestions for color combinations? I will be there for a month.
I am a Brazilian. It is almost summer. Rio has four seasons: Blazing, boiling, torrid and hell. There is some winter in other parts of the country. You are free to choose colors. Business attire is not that formal, but khakis and blue shirts would work fine. As long as it is not extravagant, it will work. PM or ask any question with as much detail as you want and I will do my best to answer it.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I think you mean Colombia, the South American country and not the district between Virginia and Maryland. I have been there 3 times, twice to Bogota and once to Cartagena, and the difference is huge. Former is unpredictable mountain weather, latter is Caribbean tropical.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I am a Brazilian. It is almost summer. Rio has four seasons: Blazing, boiling, torrid and hell. There is some winter in other parts of the country. You are free to choose colors. Business attire is not that formal, but khakis and blue shirts would work fine. As long as it is not extravagant, it will work. PM or ask any question with as much detail as you want and I will do my best to answer it.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Definitely do not overdo it. I have been to Brazil twice, and met with government and scientist communities. I'm pretty casual, but was stuck by how relaxed most people I met with were in terms of wardrobe. In Sao Paulo you will find business types in suits, but that's a minority.

Not the best advice for a clothing forum maybe, and related to the Linds of work I do, but I use craghoppers hiking pants and shirts in khaki, gray, etc. I spend little time in each city, so need clothes that I can wash in a hotel sink if need be.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.