Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Andy suggested I ask the members of our forum for help with my question, so here goes: I recently purchased a pair of Trafalgar Hunting Dog silk brace suspenders in an antique shop. I'm wondering if they are a vintage item, but don't know when they were produced. They came without a box. Also, there are three leather attachments at the ends where the buttons would slip through, not the standard one at the back of the man's waist, with the the usual accompanying two material braided pieces in the front.
I understand that some brace suspenders in later years were manufactured with the material pieces so that they would more easily match a man's shoes. Would that mean that this pair of suspenders would be a bit older? I am trying to find out the year that these brace suspenders were produced. Could you help me with this?

Any help you could offer would be great!
Kathy P

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
In addition to the Trafalgar page, check out eBay. In both places, you'll see Limited Edition braces in both styles (including, on eBay right now, a Hunting Dog pattern with fabric ends in front), and I think in both places the braided ends predominate. That doesn't tell you much, but it suggests that fabric vs leather may have little to do with age.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.