Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, she wouldn't exactly describe herself as a "Trad Wife," but she does wear Brooks and appreciates my grosgrain bands and Alden shell cordovans.

Anyway, I'm looking to get her a nice watch for Christmas. Nothing too fancy - simply an attractive, dependable watch she can wear daily, stepped up from the Timex she currently sports.

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
Seiko makes some really classic-looking gold tank watches. I'd look around for one of those. They're usually not expensive. If she's not a "watch person," I'd stay away from the mechanical/automatic movements and stick with quartz (take it from a "watch person"). ;)

·
Registered
264 Posts
Dependent on Budget

Depending on your budget you might try Fossil, for a lower price point. I purchased a Fossil with a stainless steel bracelet for my wife a couple of Christmases ago and she loves it. It is of the rectangular 'tank' style in polished stainless. Unfortunately the product line is full of watches with the ever popular 'bling' added, but if you do look at the full line there are some very nice looking watches.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Do you have a Costco Membership?

They usually have a really nice selection of classic women's watches. A few years ago I picked up a watch made by Guess with a silver body, white oval face and simple black numbers.

Usually they have everything from Timex to Rolex in my local store, so there should be a decent price point for you somwhere.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Raymond Weil offers a very nice selection of womens watches that have clean, uncluttered face designs and classically styled cases. For the money a RW would be my choice. They are available in a wide price range if you shop around. I am probably going to ruffle some feathers but don't get her a Rolex, they are nowhere near what most "non watch" people think they are. Good luck with your gift and merry Christmas!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.