Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This will probably generate a fair share of eye-rolling from more than a few folks here, but Target is now offering ties in some very interesting rep patterns. Their website also shows a few knit offerings.

The bad: made in China, and roughly $20 (not terribly cheap for a Chinese tie).

The good: fairly narrow- not quite BB "university" narrow, but close. Also, they come in some patterns that are quite schoolish but aren't typically seen at Brooks or Press (the examples on the website don't really do them justice, though).

I'm sure they're not of the same quality as a BB tie, but they appear to be about on "American Living" level.

·
Registered
384 Posts
I have seen these ties, and they do look nice, but I simply cannot bring myself to buy ties made in China.I know this is somewhat hypocritical considering the vast majority of my clothing was made in an asian country. It is just that American-made & English-made ties are so plentiful that (even though I am a student) I would rather spend a little extra and buy these, rather than a chinese-made version.

Just my opinion.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I saw some of those a couple of days ago. If you wait until they go on sale they would be a solid buy, I think.
Exactly. I'm also counting on cashing in a couple low-value gift cards I have lying around. They have a green and navy one in a large "block stripe" pattern(I'm not sure what the proper name for it is) I'd like to pick up.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Saw some skinny knits in there recently - almost bought one for $13. They looked nice for what they were and if it had been $10 I wouldhave bought it w/o question.

·
Registered
2,730 Posts
I saw some of those a couple of days ago. If you wait until they go on sale they would be a solid buy, I think. I saw a navy/white mini-houndstooth patterned tie on clearance that was quite nice looking.
I bought it for $7. It's not bad.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.