Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

I thought that some of you may enjoy this post which is from my most recent blog post. I hope that you do.

If I had to sum up trad look of the 2000's in one photo this would be the picture that I choose. I think that it embodies the sentiment of trad style very well. It is far more casual than its forefather ivy league style while at the same time a little more reserved than the preppies that came after, but obviously a product of both.

Everything about this photo screams trad. The Barbour is quintessential trad when combined with a sport coat or navy blazer. At the same time here we have the Brooks Brothers 1818 sack which is important because it is (I almost write was, because I have heard rumors) one of the last mass-produced 3/2 sack blazers on the market at this time.

The shirt is a simple blue university stripe paired with a Brooks Brothers No. 1 Rep tie, but most important here the is collar roll. The chinos are plain front with cuffs and little to no break.

Finally it is capped off with a pair of penny loafers. Mine are cheapo Weejuns, but if I had unlined Alden LHS from Brooks Brothers I would have featured them.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Beautiful look. What would take this up to the next level would be the addition of a few more looks for different scenarios like a summer day off. But, then again the addition of more photos would probably ruin the succinctness of having a single outfit post.

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
Having all the elements of this exact same rig, I also find that I go to this more times per year than any other outfit I own. I hardly wear suits now being retired and other than replacing the Barbour. with a duffel coat in really cold weather it suits my needs just as it has for the past nearly 50 years.
There are indeed a few of us old farts around still.

·
Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
37,088 Posts
^^"Old farts!" I enjoy a growing sense of comfort with that title. LOL. ;)

My navy blazers have certainly become the backbone of my dressing up. Since moving south, the only suits I've worn have been my cotton poplin's during the summer months.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.