Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gentlemen:

I have been a lurker for quite some time and have enjoyed it immensely! I thought the time had come to participate.

Having had the good fortune to work at a clothing institution (closed in 1978)in upstate New York during four years in college, I became accustomed to Oxxford (three button sack), Troy Shirt Makers Guild, J&M (Crown Aristocraft pre-1980) Byford, Viyella, F.A. McCLure, A. Sulka, etc., I have also become somewhat depressed lately when my thoughts came to purchasing new clothing and furnishings. Aside from JP & cable car, I cannot find another firm that satisfys my wants! I guess I'm really annoyed at heart - but realize I'm not alone & will attempt to rely on others for support and ideas.

In my 20's and 30's (I'm 45 now)I had been a loyal BB follower until the writing was on the wall and "own make" went away and "fashion" crept in to style. So, reluctantly I went to Press and have been somewhat satisfied - but I want more ! More firms who support traditional clothing. I have toyed with bespoke - Cleverley shoes when I was in London (great experince) & Hickey in New York at a trunk show. OK, not great. The Brooks shirts are not holding up as they once did so I am trying David Mercer as you folks have put forth positive comments. Regarding Sweaters, is it me or is a really nice shetland getting scarce? Looking forward to hearing comments from those who may be able to lift my spirits with their thoughts.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.