Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got staffed on a project in Toronto for a few months, and need some basic dress shirts.

For some reason I just assumed there would be Brooks up here, but can't seem to find anything.

Can anyone tell me a good place to find some basics?
Thanks alot

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
By all means, check out this recent thread:

https://askandyaboutclothes.com/community/showthread.php?t=85421

There's another recent thread about US Trad not being part of the Canadian culture, so I'm not sure you'd find "totally trad" items in T.O.

Having said that, you're an hour away from Niagara Falls, NY, which has a couple outlet malls... but beware of Canada Customs!

·
Registered
304 Posts
Are you looking for trad or for any dress shirt basics?

If any basic dress shirt, there are lots of options (including some Canadian made stuff) if you are willing to overpay a little. What part of town are you in - we can suggest some stores or brands.

If you are looking for trad, it will be much trickier but you can try the lands end shops within sears. Most Sears in the Toronto area have smallish sections of lands-end stuff. Not the quality you are probably looking for but they could have the styles you want.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Got staffed on a project in Toronto for a few months, and need some basic dress shirts.

For some reason I just assumed there would be Brooks up here, but can't seem to find anything.

Can anyone tell me a good place to find some basics?
Thanks alot
Just be patient. According to the Vancouver Sun, Brooks is attempting to penetrate Canada even as we speak. https://www.canada.com/vancouversun....html?id=2d2bb773-7e0b-4afe-bf35-44cd5dcb21f9

Meanwhile, mail order should be an option, right?

·
Registered
158 Posts
Farney, I would take advantage of your proximity to O'Connells in Buffalo and stock up on some things there before your return to the big apple. It is worth a visit. Once the summer travel lightens up and hopping over the border becomes easier, you should be able to get to Buffalo and back within a morning or afternoon.

·
Registered
5,808 Posts
farney said:
BB will apparently be in Toronto for September 2009. That won't really affect me much since I prefer O'Connells to get my business, but it may mean I can buy the unlined LHS without trudging to NYC or Boston (and spending money on hotels, travel, food, etc.).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.