Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Decided to drive the hour north up to Haverhill today to visit the Southwick Factory Store. Joe, the store manager was very helpful and the place was packed with merchandise. I picked up an OCBD (made in Garland, NC) for $50 and two pairs of US Made OTC dress socks for $10/pr. They have BB ties for $23 and the rest of their suits and sport coats are sold at their cost plus 25% (real attractive pricing). Unfortunately they didn't have what I was looking for in my size in store but Joe is going to email me swatches so I can have a jacket made up. He also mentioned that they are rolling out a MTM service in the spring for much better pricing than you would get in a local menswear shop. Speaking of menswear shops...

The next stop was down the road to the Andover Shop. What a store! Tweed like you dream about. The salesman there was great and I picked up two pairs of their excellent VBC flannel trousers made by Hertling for 30% off. All in all a nice half day of traditional menswear.

If you are in the area, I highly recommend checking out both locations.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I hope you enjoyed your trip up to Haverhill! I think I might have been in the Southwick store at the same time as you, if memory serves (I had my 2 year-old in tow). The prices there are a total steal, especially with when coupled with the occasional deal that they offer. For instance, I had a $25 of $50 or more coupon that I was able to use to get a handful of those merino wool socks for essentially 1/2 off.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Decided to drive the hour north up to Haverhill today to visit the Southwick Factory Store. Joe, the store manager was very helpful and the place was packed with merchandise. I picked up an OCBD (made in Garland, NC) for $50 and two pairs of US Made OTC dress socks for $10/pr. They have BB ties for $23 and the rest of their suits and sport coats are sold at their cost plus 25% (real attractive pricing). Unfortunately they didn't have what I was looking for in my size in store but Joe is going to email me swatches so I can have a jacket made up. He also mentioned that they are rolling out a MTM service in the spring for much better pricing than you would get in a local menswear shop. Speaking of menswear shops...

The next stop was down the road to the Andover Shop. What a store! Tweed like you dream about. The salesman there was great and I picked up two pairs of their excellent VBC flannel trousers made by Hertling for 30% off. All in all a nice half day of traditional menswear.

If you are in the area, I highly recommend checking out both locations.
What make were the Hertling trousers? I have the Como and Gene (IIRC) cuts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I hope you enjoyed your trip up to Haverhill! I think I might have been in the Southwick store at the same time as you, if memory serves (I had my 2 year-old in tow). The prices there are a total steal, especially with when coupled with the occasional deal that they offer. For instance, I had a $25 of $50 or more coupon that I was able to use to get a handful of those merino wool socks for essentially 1/2 off.
Haha, yup that must have been you. I signed up for the mailing list so hopefully I receive a coupon or two soon. Great username btw

·
Registered
425 Posts
What is cost pricing at Southwick? I’m planning a trip to NE and that’s a stop on my list (like Garland is on the way to Hilton Head) but was curious about the deals.

I was in garland in September and bought a bunch of OCBDs branded for Southwick. Only downside was no breast pocket

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
What is cost pricing at Southwick? I'm planning a trip to NE and that's a stop on my list (like Garland is on the way to Hilton Head) but was curious about the deals.

I was in garland in September and bought a bunch of OCBDs branded for Southwick. Only downside was no breast pocket

Most of the sport coats were between $350-450. Didn't check the prices on suits. Shirts and ties were a very good deal.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Little bump to the thread. I headed back up today and grabbed a nice grey glenn plaid S110s 3/2 roll suit for $360. LP S110s fabric. I also ordered two 3 piece suits based on the Douglas Jacket, the waist coat has lapels as well. Loro Piana S110s. Price before tax was $570/each. The stock singles program is great for me as I am greater than a six inch drop. They should be ready in 4-5 weeks. Pretty excited.

edit - I mispoke, the fabric is from VBC not LP

·
Registered
636 Posts
Little bump to the thread. I headed back up today and grabbed a nice grey glenn plaid S110s 3/2 roll suit for $360. LP S110s fabric. I also ordered two 3 piece suits based on the Douglas Jacket, the waist coat has lapels as well. Loro Piana S110s. Price before tax was $570/each. The stock singles program is great for me as I am greater than a six inch drop. They should be ready in 4-5 weeks. Pretty excited.
Did you head anything about the MTM program?

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Did you head anything about the MTM program?
So the program is called the stock singles program. Its not true made to measure in that you can alter the linings, buttons or have the trousers hemmed, tapered etc. What they allow you to do is pick from existing models ie. Douglas Jacket in 60 different fabrics, pick whatever style and size of trouser you want, add a waistcoat etc (all at their cost plus 25%). It works very well for someone like me who is a greater than 6 inch drop but shouldn't be confused with their MTM offerings through a menswear shop. This is by design as the company doesn't want to intrude on that business.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.