Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Aficianado
1,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
THANK YOU!!Now I can tell that guy off!!
Just realized,I should probably give a backstory so as to avoid confusion.I know a guy who is the father of one of my friends nieces,and he thinks he is IT as far as clothing goes.He brags about his "bespoke" suits,his $250.00 Johnston & Murphy shoes (I so badly wanted to yell at him that J&M is not high quality compared to Alden or AE).Anyway,now I can fire back at him when he starts up!

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Doesn't Tom James offer MTM jackets and suits from the English-American factory?

These suits are very good - a real step up from OTR. But I wouldn't walk up to someone wearing an Anderson & Sheppard suit and tell them I was wearing bespoke!

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Doesn't Tom James offer MTM jackets and suits from the English-American factory?

These suits are very good - a real step up from OTR. But I wouldn't walk up to someone wearing an Anderson & Sheppard suit and tell them I was wearing bespoke!
No Tom James is definitely not bespoke. Tom James is rather quite MTM. Tom James has been discussed at length both here and on Style Forum - run a search. In doing so you will also see that I have been raving about the MTM that I purchase from the Tom James Factory - English American Clothiers in Westminster, MD outside of Baltimore. The quality is very high (provided you are measured competently - something that they surely do at English American, but may not do via traveling 20-something Tom James salesmen) and the level of adjustment allowed in the MTM program is quite high also. Much higher than some other MTM programs I've seen.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Tom James is certainly a MTM operation. They fall into the same category as Coppley or John H. Daniel. All three have higher available levels of construction and fabric that yield very nice suits, but they still aren't bespoke by any means. I will say that I've heard Tom James is much more interested in making nice profits then nice garments. They often hire salesmen who know nothing of fine clothing.

·
Registered
364 Posts
I've been ordering Tom James MTM suits and jackets for the past 5 years, and their quality and service are great. They do have different lines with different prices, depending upon what you want and how much you want to spend. Some of my suits and shirts are made with Holland and Sherry cloth, which is second to none. The one big advantage I like about TJ is that they come to you. I don't have to leave my office for an appointment, my sales rep comes here, and I've alwas found her to be informative about the lines she sells.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.