Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Aficianado
1,481 Posts
I dislike (okay, DESPISE!) Tom Ford products, so I don't know much about them. I'm sure another member will be able to answer your questions.

Hello,

Does anyone know who makes Tom Ford shoes and what do you think of them ? Also, i live in Atlanta and just discovered a mens store called Sid Mashburn . He was one of 10 most stylish men in GQ recently

·
Registered
212 Posts
I'd say, Tom Ford's stuff in general, while very nice, is way over-priced. It's definitely been helped by his association with the latest Bond film. I'm possitive that no matter the product, sun glasses, suits, sweaters, etc. there is a cheaper alternative, whether in a fashion brand or relatively unknown, that is of equal or better quality.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I'm quite certain that Tom Ford shoes are made in Italy; beyond that, I cannot help you, save to say that I've often paused to admire them. Save for the heel, which is unusually high. And the price, which is stratospheric.

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
Harrods sell Tom Ford shoes and seem to sell most if not all shoes from his collection. I like the style but the prices is high but level-on-par in terms of the costs of TF clothing, etc; a pair of RTW slippers for £600-650. The shoes are made on an Italian last, but do not know which shoe-maker; he probably used his Zegna contacts and gets his shoes made from the same company that makes Zegna's shoes.

Apparently Ferragamo and Zegna get their shoes made in the same place; however, I do not know if Ferragamo make their own shoes, they probably do not.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Would you care to expatiate?
I get a feeling of great arrogance from him in my reading and seeing him on tv. Also, he charges high prices for his goods which are nice but definitely not worth it IMO. I suppose this is all a matter of taste and opinion, but I'd never buy from him even if I was wealthy.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Harrods sell Tom Ford shoes and seem to sell most if not all shoes from his collection. I like the style but the prices is high but level-on-par in terms of the costs of TF clothing, etc; a pair of RTW slippers for £600-650. The shoes are made on an Italian last, but do not know which shoe-maker; he probably used his Zegna contacts and gets his shoes made from the same company that makes Zegna's shoes.

Apparently Ferragamo and Zegna get their shoes made in the same place; however, I do not know if Ferragamo make their own shoes, they probably do not.
Well, Ferragamo and Zegna have (or did have) a joint shoe making partnership called Zefer.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Do you know if Ferragamo made the (Zegna) shoes, or even if they make their own shoes?
Neither. They set up this separate company called ZeFer to manufacture shoes for both companies. I believe (but could well be incorrect) that all Zegna shoes are made by ZeFer but not all Ferragamo shoes are.

See Zegna's press release:

https://www.zegna.com/media/press/zefer_en.pdf

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.