Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
1,123 Posts
Very attractive.

· Registered
113 Posts
I am really trying to like the exotic reptile skins for shoes, bags, etc...

Everytime I consider one of these items...Gordon Gekko comes to mind. I guess its a generational thing, but 80's were my formative years, and I've resisted much of what I perceived to be excesses. I've internalized reptile skins to equal "slick", and in some over-the-top items, downright shady. Certainly they are ostentatious, especially in an item this large. Its a personal problem, I know... ;-)

Maybe someone can disabuse me of my internalized image of who wears exotics....

· Registered
647 Posts
I have to say "Don't Buy".

A) I don't like gold/brass hardware with black leather. I usually stick to silver for my belts/bags/wedding ring colors.

B) I just don't like the aesthetic. The large, foldover flap lid with the cut-out for the handle seems flimsy and a bit mismatched for this type of bag.

C) I am just not a huge fan of large alligator-skin items like this. Due to the ostentatious nature, I prefer it on smaller things like a belt or wallet.

These are all personal preferences though, so if you think it's a bargain for 450euros, go ahead and pull the trigger.

Matt

· Registered
24 Posts
Strikes me as feminine. Also, unless you are a lawyer, a litigation bag in any type of leather may be out of place. If you are a litigator, it may be over-the top. I am a fan of well-worn, well-made litigation bags.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.