Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gents, it's been wonderful, but I'll be disappearing for a few months to Navy Officer Candidate School... which means it's time to harass the Navy tailors! Outside of showing 1/4-1/2" of cuff, what else should I yell at them for? I'm sure you guys would have a field day!

· Aficianado
1,481 Posts
Gents, it's been wonderful, but I'll be disappearing for a few months to Navy Officer Candidate School... which means it's time to harass the Navy tailors! Outside of showing 1/4-1/2" of cuff, what else should I yell at them for? I'm sure you guys would have a field day!
Good luck!I can't offer any advice on what to yell at them,but I'm sure you'll figure something out.

· Registered
182 Posts
Navy tailors

I don't know about now but for the many years I was stationed in Newport the base tailors were pretty good. If you go into Newport there a still a few good uniform sellers nearby. Good luck. Be ready for the weather on Coasters Harbor Island.

Retired CPO

· Registered
299 Posts
Congrats on getting accepted. Will you make it thro in time so your big brother will have to salute you?
Adagio

· Registered
79 Posts
I don't know about now but for the many years I was stationed in Newport the base tailors were pretty good.
Surely depends upon the station. The Academy tailors are dreadful, but I presume something decent can be found in Newport proper. As Mr. Pike says, there is no chance that the OP will have any time to worry about his tailoring. By all accounts it's an intense 12 weeks.

Congratulations and good luck!

· Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
37,088 Posts
The coming several months will be a defining period in your life. Take things one day at a time and, as odd as this may sound, enjoy the experience...it will prove a foundation point, on which you will reflect back, throughout the rest of your life! Wish I could join you and do it all over again....although in a sister service! ;) Good luck and keep us in the loop regarding your progress.

· Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ask them to line your jacket in pink or purple.
Maybe I should go for a Service Dress Smoking Jacket?
Congrats on getting accepted. Will you make it thro in time so your big brother will have to salute you?
If all goes well, I will finish about a month before my older brother-- so even if I get rolled into a later class for failing something, I still have some extra time padded in. Of course, he said he's more likely to flip me off rather than salute me, so we'll see!

Otherwise, thank you all. This is a forum of great men, and I'm sure I'll be back. I've learned all kinds of things on here that I would have never known otherwise. It should be an intense (and freezing!) three months!

· Registered
1,937 Posts
Navy OCS

My friend

Is it still at Newport , RI? Or are they now at a real Navy base?
I know when it was there, I got to see the Navy OCS!!!
My friend, you are in for a treat.
This is coming from someone with an Army Airborne/SF background. Who has been at both academies as a medical officer.
I have seen the tough my friend.
In my work, and training.

Navy OCS kicks butt!!
GOOD LUCK
Worse than even BUDS!!

LOL
Enjoy!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.