Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just watched "Project Runway." Anyone know who makes Tim Gunn's suits? I know that in earlier seasons he likely wore Banana Republic suits since they sponsored the show. I wasn't overly impressed with his look in those days given that he's apparently been in the clothing business for his whole career. I understand that BR no longer is associated with Project Runway anymore; I'm assuming that Tim has moved on to other suit sources (I doubt an industry man would reach for BR suits unless he had to). My long winded point is this: I still don't know what to think. I don't think he ever looks bad. Certainly not. But he never really jumps out at me as being dapper. I work for a managment consulting firm and can think of some well-heeled partners that are far more dapper - this isn't right. His sleeves are usually too long, also; barely ever shoes cuff. And his suits seem very average. Dark and business-like is OK. But I'd expect them to be clearly well made. They look like OTR. I mean c'mon, this guy runs a TV show about clothes and I'm thinking of managment consultants that are more dapper?

·
Registered
168 Posts
Tim Gunn strikes me as a true "fashion" guy in that he is probably allow about the designer labels, and of course, gay (not that there's anything wrong with that).

In the fashion sense, I don't see him as being someone who the contingent here would follow for fashion advice. We're and Oxxford crowd and he's all Versace.

From the little I have seen, I have never thought his suits fit him exceptionally well and IMO, are clearly RTW and very trendy cuts.

·
Registered
54 Posts
While we're on the subject, I feel Michael Kors is never very well dressed on that show. For someone who is at the top of the fashion world you would think his sportcoats would fit him better. I'm guessing maybe he just shows up for the taping and they grab whatever clothes they have off the rack at the studio.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
While we're on the subject, I feel Michael Kors is never very well dressed on that show. For someone who is at the top of the fashion world you would think his sportcoats would fit him better. I'm guessing maybe he just shows up for the taping and they grab whatever clothes they have off the rack at the studio.
+1 - he never loks very good.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yea - weird stuff. I don't think the quarters are terrible, though. Any quarters would look like that given his buttoning job.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.